Three nights out!!

foxing2night

It has been nice to see all the fields up and down being cut!!!!!,

the phone has been ringing with differant people having problems with foxes, so it has been good to get going after a long wet period???.

The first fox on monday night was a cub at 60yrds.

Second was 150 broad side.

Third was 140 broad side.

Fourth was 160 neck shot.

All shot on a little small holding in uder half an hour!!

Then onto a big farm up the mountain,

One fox shot as soon as we put the lamp on, this was just under 200 yrds and the only part of the fox showing was his head and neck???

06-08-07_2227.jpg

We only got the pic,s of the first three foxes as my mobile ran out of power :P .

Tuesday night was our rabbiting night with my .22, nice easy night in the landrover???

a few crows and 7 rabbits and then on the way back to the farm we got this little bugger

07-08-07_2151.jpg

This is the only mink that i have shot on this farm!!!,

All the best f2n

A good old mixed bag. I've never shot a mink, had them in fen traps though.

Great going,I'm so glad they've started cutting, we can get at the buggers again.

Cheers

Dave

Nice going f2n a mink is one varmint i have never shot , caught a few in traps but that was a while ago now,bloody vicious little criters the old mink once, had one in the lamp when i used to run lurchers chased one into a beck with one of the dogs the lurcher was about to catch up with it then it turned and went for the dog never seen anything so small being so vicious needles to say the little get got away

Good to hear you had a successful outings darrel -well done my mate ;) ;)

All the best...........

RAY................... :D;)

Nice shooting and well done.

I have shot several mink on the banks of a small river that flowed through a golf course I used to shoot the rabbits on, little perishers rarely sit still do they !. First one I ever shot (with a semi rimmy) finished up on a sandbank in the river (it was a hot summer and the water level was low), had to put my lab in to fetch it having shot it again to make sure it was dead. That was the only thing she was ever reluctant to pick up but I had to have it out as it was a big ladies tournament the next day.

A

Hi all. f2n: that doesn't look much like any mink I have seen. Looks like a polecat to me, in which case I expect you found it dead on the road as polecats are at least partially protected under schedule 6 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. The mask and the light fringes on the ears give it away.

Looks like a good night out though

ATB

z

Hi all. f2n: that doesn't look much like any mink I have seen. Looks like a polecat to me, in which case I expect you found it dead on the road as polecats are at least partially protected under schedule 6 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. The mask and the light fringes on the ears give it away.

Looks like a good night out though

ATB

z

Zaitsev i thought the same as you,im sure it is a feral polecat coloured ferret.

;);) Correct 100%

Archived