limited dosh

bob tail

Hello quick question that you lot have heard before a thousand times so here is a thousand and one coming up,

I got 300 quid and i need a good scope with a 30mm tube and a 50mm objective lens which has target turrets for dialing to go on a 7.62 new or second hand all suggestions greatfully recieved please.

Cheers

Chris :)

any reason why you need a 30mm tube and 50 front lense????????????????????

just a thought and thinking it would widen your options but you may want to consider the following

1) a 30mm tube does NOT allow any more light in (its just a myth) both 1" and 30mm have the same size erector tube inside and you see the image through it.

in a 30mm tube the erector tube has more avaliable movement so it would normally have more dialling

2) leupold did a test between a 40 and a 50mm front to see if the bigger front lense lets in more light,

it did but not enough for the human eye to recognise

:)

Chris, if you can have a look at Falcon and MTC scopes. I was a diehard Leupold fan up until a few months ago until I had a look through both these. I've just bought a Falcon Menace 4-18x56 for my vermin rifle (.204) and am very pleased with it. The optics are every bit as good as my previous Leupold (VX3 LR 6.5-20x50) and I really like the turrets and ret (MP20) . As a daylight varmint scope I thinks it's a brilliant, especially when you consider it was around £220.

even though the mtc and falcon scopes are good for the cash they aint no leupold, the mtc dont dial correctly and the falcon i had sprang a leak,i have owned 3 x mtc and found the mamba (hunting turret) no 4 reticle 4-16x 50 the best.deffo look for a leupy chris it will outlast you.

Archived