Single shot actions

Currently considering the purchase of a single shot action for a 6mmBR or derivative. I have 3 questions:

1) Do most people who use a single shot have a preference on whether the action is a non-ejector, or an ejector? The rifle will predominantly be used for 300 - 600 yrd target and occasional varmint use.

2) Does anyone have any knowledge of a possible factory round from Lapua in a 6mmBR derivative, poss 6mmBRX?

3) Barrel length and profile suggestions?

Best regards

MB

Currently considering the purchase of a single shot action for a 6mmBR or derivative. I have 3 questions:

1) Do most people who use a single shot have a preference on whether the action is a non-ejector, or an ejector? The rifle will predominantly be used for 300 - 600 yrd target and occasional varmint use.

2) Does anyone have any knowledge of a possible factory round from Lapua in a 6mmBR derivative, poss 6mmBRX?

Best regards

MB

If it's single shot and no rushed follow up shots necessary, there is no real need for an ejector.

If your serious about shooting, you will be reloading and then wildcatting, so factory rounds are not an issue.

Upwards of 27" and a medium to heavy profile for consistency in strings.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

MB

here you go mate a rig to fit your purpose ready to go no waiting

Built by Steve Kershaw,using a Stainless Stiller single shot action,Loather Walther #14 medium weight 12 twist match barrel, 270 tight neck chamber bulit for up to 85 gr bullets,Arnold Jewel Trigger,Stunning blue,black with white marbel Mc Milan stock glass and pillar bedded,Talley rings and bases,Night Force NP2 DD Scope,custom made PES stainless sound mod.

This rifle is as new and i can guarnatee it has only had 100 fireforming rounds and about 40 full AI loads down it (I load the ammo for it) will come with load data and fireformed cases,resdy to go

very accurate rifle.

genuine reason for sale as my mate is giving up rifle shooting due to loosing his land as his father in law has now retired as game keeper.

The rifle can be tested on my ground with pleasure by anyone seriouly interested and who ever buys it can have a nights foxing with me thrown in.

the complete package £3500 (may split if rifle sells first)

a breakdown of prices

scope £900

sound mod £200

Bi Pod £50

makes the rifle mounts and rings £2350 damm cheap

P1010006.jpg

That certainly is very cheap, is it a 6BR Improved of some sort?, you mentioned full power improved loads.

For more info on the 'improved' versions have a look on 6BR,

http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html

they show all the options. Be aware though that if you come to sell it as say a BRX or whatever your market is somewhat limited. Most of us are reluctant to part with out accurate rifles though.

Personally I would remove the ejector but my use is all pest contol with an odd casual target shot. Barrel length, profile has weight implications, you wont want to be carrying a medium varmint profile barrel very far when foxing but a heavy barrel will out perform a light one on the range.

A

Archived