caliber adapters

Any one have any working experience of caliber adapters for "humane dispatch". A friend had some years ago and found them good enough.

lothar walther were the only ones I found;

http://www.lothar-walther.de/207.php

if they work they would be very useful. 10-15 m is claimed to be the effective range? and would they cause any damage to the barrel? eg .22lr in 308 barrel ?

thanks Dave

Dont think I would fancy a rimmy bullet bouncing up my barrel, probably should be a seperate certified item on your ticket as well as its pressure bearing.

A farmer friend last week called in a knacker man to dispose of a big bull that had gone off its feet, he used a 12 bore Alfamax BBs at about a foot between the eyes. Very dangerous IMHO and probably pretty illegal as well. Did the job fine though. Quite why he did not use a humane killer I dont know, that was what the farmer was expecting.

A

My friends a dairy farmer and he regularly uses a 32" 12 bore between the eyes on his cattle when needed, mainly because the police in Dorset won't grant him anything else for humane destruction. Last time he had to put a heffer down was infront of the vet as he (the vet) could only inject and had no bolt gun / pistol / humane destroyer and didn't want one as he thought they were inhumane methods of destruction.

Archived