CZ 452 Varmint 17 HMR

I recently picked up my new rifle. Tried it out the other day and zeroed it at 100 yards. A brilliant rifle in my opinion. It's fitted with a SAK moderator and Hawke 4-12 x 50 scope.

What distance is the best to zero it?

Thanks.

Steve

Just lift the impact point an inch so it's hitting an inch high at 100. That will reduce your hold over for really close shots and also give you a little more distance without having to hold over too. That's how I set up all my rifles and it works fine for me. To be honest the most important bit is to learn your trajectory well. Knowing where to aim is pretty important! For a "point and shoot" rifle for normal ranges though an inch high at 100 works fine. You can aim dead centre of a rabbits head from 25 to 125 yards and hit it.

Guest varmartin

There is no best point to zero it .......

What i will say is set your zero for what ever range you want to be able to have the bullet hit dead centre in the scopes ret...

The point is to have a zero and learn its trajectory and know you and your rifles limitations.

If you set it up to be an inch high at 100 yards ...your zero will be 125 yards ....thats why its called a zero point ..as in zero hold over / under ... :lol:

Archived