OUT WITH MY OLD .22/250

foxhunter

Last week the front stud on my Tikka .243 came loose from the stock and therefore I am unable to attach my bipod and sling until I get the new stud with a bolt fitted attached , which I bought today.

Not wanting to stay indoors I dusted off my .22/250 which I havent used in about 3 or 4 years and had a look out for charlie.1st cub I bumped into I couldnt get a shot at and it just slinked away into some gorse. On the opposite side of this field I noticed 2 pheasants taking off like rockets, on inspection through my bins I spotted this fox on the prowl............

1st outing in years for my old rifle and got a result !!

barbarasSmall.jpg

it wouldnt have mattered if it had been a catapult you took you would still have came home with something :D

well done again mate you lucky fooker :lol::lol:

lets get a night with the lamp sorted soon.

Nice one foxhunter :lol: Looks like its in condition!!!

All the best..............

RAY............................ :D:lol:

Guest 308Panther

Hope you can get the .243 fixed easily.

The 22-250 is an awesome varmint round...

Suprised to hear you sidelined it for a .243 unless it was to fill a dual game role,Varmints and Deer.

Then the .243 would be a first grab.

308Panther

Yep , the .22/250 is an awesome round , I have shot a lot of foxes and a lot of Roe in Scotland with it.I started using the .243 more as I started shooting a lot more deer in England and couldnt use the .22/250.

I still cant understand why the law is changing in England to shoot munties and CWD with it but not roe..................CRAZY !!

Guest The Equaliser
Yep , the .22/250 is an awesome round , I have shot a lot of foxes and a lot of Roe in Scotland with it.I started using the .243 more as I started shooting a lot more deer in England and couldnt use the .22/250.

I still cant understand why the law is changing in England to shoot munties and CWD with it but not roe..................CRAZY !!

I agree it is crazy being legal north of the border but illegal south of it and more than capable of taking roe deer my view is that in the hands of a novice stalker whilst out for roe he may come across a deer of a larger species and take a poke at it thats were the danger lies but as you say it is an awesome and flat shooting projectile :P

Guest 308Panther

Ok...I understand now.

308Panther

Archived