once fired brass in the Ackley?

shrek

The dirty natsy remmy 700 (you know it ratty) is going away to be rebarreled for 243 ackley hopefully begining of august and im just kinda getting preped up for reloading the beast! however, i hav a couple of box's of once fired winchester 243 brass and a mate who doesnt reload and who can give me extra and what wonderin if it would still be ok to fireform into ackely brass? Even if its just to load develope with,

Is there any down falls of using once fired instead of brand new (and may i say very expencive) lapua cases?

Shrek,

If you can get a ready supply of once fired Brass then get them. Full length them and fire form. They will be fine mate. No point spending readys if you dont have to.

Ads

I did that with my 1st batch of lapua. I sought some which were meant to be once fired! think they were several times fired! :D but they work and work well....

Ya Maaan........

ls the CBB still doing the job 4 U????

You can pick up 100 cases the next time you're down here mate, no need to piss about with just a couple of boxes.

Ratty.

The CBB is doin it mate, i just havent got the time, hopefully the it'll be done for the red rut and we can take a little trip up if you can find some time mate! As for the cases your a gent, hows you new BB gun shootin then?

Cheers for the replys lads, i'll sort out what brass ive got the look forward to usin it!

I annealed my .243 Lapua brass after full length sizing and they're now working a treat in the Ackley, remember to reduce the the usual .243 loads Willie as they seem to run a bit hot in the Ackley when fireforming.

Pete.

The "BB" gun's doing ok for now, but will be back on the range next week as i've got to tweek a few loads to get them where l'm happy. l've got 180's and 155's underway and a kilo of N150 to kick 'em about with.....

As for time mate.... we'll just have to make some....

Was down with the CBB a couple of weeks ago (got under his very forgiving feet for a few days) and he's set me back down the road of the evil machinist again.... Deep Joy!!! l can tell you.

Archived