"First shot!!"

foxing2night

Well the bloody rain has stoped???,got into the fields last night for the first gut on the oil seedrape,,,

29-07-07_2017.jpg

But getting out of the field with 12 tons on the back was a bit tricky to say the least :lol: ,,,

any way back to the new loads that i have been trying this week?????

Firstly my foxing load in my 6mm ppc is 28.5 grians of vit 133 with a 65g ballistic tip!!!!, this load has been used for the last few years and has done me well????

the new load has only been increased up to 28.7 with the same 65 grain bullet but the differance was hard to believe !!!!, it was blowing rabbits to pieces???? some of the photos that were took i would not even put them on this site as they might offend some folks.

First shot, cold barrel, 354 yard rabbit!!!!

23-07-07_2207.jpg

Normaly at this distance there is not this much mess???

13 shots and 13 rabbits!!! as i said in an earlyer post my friend andy was taking the heads of rabbits at 200 yards after a bit of coaching??

It seems that what ever you feed a 6mm ppc with they just shoot good!!!!

These are the pic,s from the same night, out with the lamp!!, the same load was used??

23-07-07_2232.jpg

Alot of people say that the 6mm ppc is only a benchrest round?? what a load of rubbish, it is one of the best varmint rounds that i have ever used and by far one of the most accurate, If an animal has got to be controlled??, it has to be done in the most humane way possible!!!!

all the best f2n

Awesome dude!!! :lol::D

Good to hear you are able to go out darrel - nice shooting too!!!

And yes that 6ppc is one hell of a varmint round ;):o

All the best...............

RAY....................... :P :P

I use 29.5gr N133 in lapua brass under the same 65gr Vmax. Very destrutive, 3" exit wounds on foxes sometimes, rabbits blown up big time. Just playing with 55gr NBTs over the same load but these do not expand quite as fast hence slightly less destructive.

A

I use 29.5gr N133 in lapua brass under the same 65gr Vmax. Very destrutive, 3" exit wounds on foxes sometimes, rabbits blown up big time. Just playing with 55gr NBTs over the same load but these do not expand quite as fast hence slightly less destructive.

A

Hi buddy try the 58 v-max they are absolutely awesome!!!!

If you decide to give them a go , let us know how you get on :lol: Personally i have used the 58 v-maxs to great effect past 400yds ;):P

Oh yes dave have shot other mates 6mmBRs and they are just like the 6ppc - another super accurate varmint round :D:P

All the best.............

RAY............... :o:P

Guest 308Panther
it was blowing rabbits to pieces???? some of the photos that were took i would not even put them on this site as they might offend some folks.

Normaly at this distance there is not this much mess???

F2N....I really seriously doubt your gonna offend this group...

I mean you are surrounded by people that kill things and in some cases even eat what we kill.

My only complaint is ....

Shooting,Killing and Gutting,all in the same the stroke is cheating.... ;)

Just Kidding. :lol:

Nice Shooting.

308Panther

Guest varmartin

I to use these very destructive Ballistic tip `Demons` in my .223 and my custom 6MM BR.

A lot of the time all you can find is a foot or and ear, but some times you get lucky and find both :lol:

Martin

My only complaint is ....

Shooting,Killing and Gutting,all in the same the stroke is cheating.... :lol:

Just Kidding. :lol:

Nice Shooting.

308Panther

Did that to a fox cub the other week bullet went into the front of the chest and gutted it, only about 70 yards though.

A

Thank you gents for your reply,s!!!!!!!,

Alycidon,

29.5 grians of vit is the load that i use with 58g ballistic tips, but with the 65g b/tips the bolt is a bit hard to lift at 29g of 133 so i backed of a little bit just to be n the safe side????

Ray my mate,

I see that you once again you are enjoying your sako and that no rabbit is safe in your area????.

We use wellies up here for the sheep :lol::lol: as they are just the write hieght :P:P

Do you use ancle boots for your rabbits :D:D , you will end up having a bad back :lol::lol::lol:

All the best from wales darrel

Too late darrel the damage is already done to my back chasing the buggers :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best my mate.................

RAY................... :D:lol:

Archived