Noise

Alycidon

Ten days ago I took my T8 moderated PPC to my syndicate shoot to sort out some rabbits on the game crops. I had a dozen for fourteen shots, ranges varied from about 50 yards to about 150 yards although I did have one 320 yarder chance as it got dark that lived to fight another day..

Two of the drives I was defending are about 100 yards from a small village. In the pub the following night the farmer (who is also the shot captain) got his ear bent about the noise !!. As most of you know 55gr of NBT does make a fair smack when it connects but other than the bullet crack that was it. One even said he heard a window break !, all my shots were either parrellel to or away from the village, all were into soft rising ground backstops.

This week I will take a moderated .22LR shooting subbies !!.

Just goes to show how easy it might be for someone to loose permission.

A

Ten days ago I took my T8 moderated PPC to my syndicate shoot to sort out some rabbits on the game crops. I had a dozen for fourteen shots, ranges varied from about 50 yards to about 150 yards although I did have one 320 yarder chance as it got dark that lived to fight another day..

Two of the drives I was defending are about 100 yards from a small village. In the pub the following night the farmer (who is also the shot captain) got his ear bent about the noise !!. As most of you know 55gr of NBT does make a fair smack when it connects but other than the bullet crack that was it. One even said he heard a window break !, all my shots were either parrellel to or away from the village, all were into soft rising ground backstops.

This week I will take a moderated .22LR shooting subbies !!.

Just goes to show how easy it might be for someone to loose permission.

A

all i can say is get used to it,more and more people want to live in the country side but they want it to be like the city.

if you buy a house at the side of a pub then you can hardly complain about the noise come 11 O'Clock. but they do.

ATB

Colin ;)

Yes this country is steadily turning into a playground for PC dickheads. One of the farm where I shoot was out muckspreading early this year and the tax dodging city slicker cum car dealer who bought the cottage near some of his land, was straight on the phone to the public health people and the council and every other agency he could get hold of. They did approach the farmer who gave them short shrift, brought in the NFU and it quickly went away.

Except for nob head, his troubles had just started, He had built a riding stables without permission, was using the lane fo access to his house, and excercising the horses on the "public land" at the rear of his property.

Oh dear, the lane belongs to the farmer and he has no right of access that way, The "public land" is an unfenced field which the farmer had lying fallow, so he is now faced with surfacing 60 yds of very narrow access to his cottage off a back lane ( very nasty and inconvenient) the field now has a barbed wire fence and the lane has a locked gate! He is having to apply for planning permission for his riding stables ( no objections of course) and finally , it seems nobody has any spare straw or crushed Barley in our area for his horses.

He is learning the hard way not to piss in your neighbours pocket in the countryside. ;)

Redfox

These folks that movin into the country seem to be all the same, A famer where I shoot had a similar problem while muck spreading, only this guy came onto the farm to tell the farmer that "he and his daughter should not have to put up with the smell". You can well imagine what the farmer said, and unfortunately for this jerk his house was just 4-6 feet from one hedge and this jerk ended up looking out his kitchen and dining room window at piles of it for many weeks to come. Well the farmer had to store it somewhere :P

On nexrdoors farm townies have bought a couple of small fields to put horses on, have no leagal access but use the lane that doesn't belong to them, have no way of getting rid of the sh*t so they are staking it on the hedges, and when the lady who owns the fields adjoining and also owns the lane spoke to them about the and asked them politely not to use the lane as it is not a bridle wayit is only a foot path, this snotty woman gets her horse to rear up at her and was using some lovely langauge to the owner who is 80 years old. And then these people go moaning that they are not made welcome in the area!!! I have stopped them from using the lane as I happened to be over the hedge one afternoon with my 223 as this woman came up on her horse I heard he tell someone to get there dog out of the way so she can go by and fo some reason my rifle went off when she was a few yards away, and this poticular day I had no moddy on it ;) She had the ride of her life that afternoon, but she don't use the lane any more :lol:

Guest 308Panther

Over where my sister hunts...They use a farmers land that has a high amount of deer crop damage done...The DNR came in and assesed the damage and issued AG Tags and a log book...The farmer can have hunters shoot deer year round as long as log in and log out...and the deer need to be antlerless...The neighbor next to the farmer claims to be practicing Quality Deer Management but in fact is nothing less then a Trophy hunter...as they wont shoot the does and only take a Buck if the point count is 14 or higher....To practice QDM in function and form you need to maintain a Buck to Doe ratio...and have evidence of the ratio...This guy cant and dont,but in the meantime he plants food plots for the deer to promote horn growth...and all his huntin buddies park on the farmers field access road and it blocks the farmer from spreading....So the farmer has to call the neighbor to get them to move their vehicles...They moved them over 2 ft., just enough to be out of the farmers way.....So the farmer did the only logical thing to do since it was his land anyway....He kinda bumps the PTO button and spreads not only the access road...but the whole way down the lane and covered their shiny new 4X4's......and there was nothin they could do.The neighbors primary complaint is....If you shoot antler less deer you could be shooting next years Monster Buck...They wont eat the meat,and give it all to the food pantry.

There are more than enough deer to go around...and if trophy huntin is all your after,and your not willing to go with the flow of things.....

Open an account on E Bay.

308Panther

Archived