Out with the 6br

Jinks

I managed to find a couple of spare hours the other evening, so headed off to one of my permissions for some long range bunny bashing. I set up on a side of a valley, looking over at some warrens on the opposite side. A quick scan in the binoculars revealed a few rabbits enjoying the evening sunshine at ranges from 350 - 475 yds. There was a wind coming down the valley from the east which was gusting from 6-12 mph according to the wind meter, which would make things a bit more challenging.

IMG_3093.jpg

For the first few shots I was dialling for the range and the wind, but not getting a lot of luck as by the time I'd read the wind, referenced it on the range card, dialled it in, and got ready for the shot, the wind had either changed or the rabbit had gone :)

So then I decided to set the windage on the nightforce back to '0' and set the magnification to 22x (which makes the gap between the centre dot and the edge of the horizontal line 2 moa on the np2dd reticule) so used this as a quick reference to aim off.

Using this system, I managed to bag my first bunny at 403yds, followed by one at 417yds, it can be seen just above the centre of the reticule.

IMG_3096.jpg

Some more bunnies through the scope at 400yds, 22x mag.

IMG_3108.jpg

I then drove to another valley on the same farm where I’d recently seen some rabbits whilst out lamping. I managed to nail another rabbit here at 376yds before the sun got too low in the sky in front of me, leaving the valley side in the shade, making spotting very difficult.

IMG_3111.jpg

This spot has potential for some good long range fun as I can move back up the to the head of the valley which makes the furthest warren on the right of the valley at 1100yds!!!

IMG_3113.jpg

Watch this space,

Cheers,

Jinks

beautifull scenery there jinks and some nice long range shooting ,

what allowance would you need for the 1100 yard shot?

Cracking Looking Rifle there Jinks :blush:

Glad to see its going well and your enjoying it, :o

Dont shoot all those bunnies, the big guns comming back in a week or two so YOUR gonna have to have a shot with it at a long fluffy thing :wacko::blink::blush:

All the best Andy :blush:

beautifull scenery there jinks and some nice long range shooting ,

what allowance would you need for the 1100 yard shot?

At 1100yds It would require 38.25 MOA Elevation on my 6br according to exbal, but I'm going to need a lot more practice to stretch out that far, I'm getting consistent hits out to 400yds at the moment and just working up the ranges slowly.

Cheers,

Jinks

At 1100yds It would require 38.25 MOA Elevation on my 6br according to exbal, but I'm going to need a lot more practice to stretch out that far, I'm getting consistent hits out to 400yds at the moment and just working up the ranges slowly.

Cheers,

Jinks

Good to hear you are getting on well with the 6BR!!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Cracking little round with lots of performance , lovely scenery too!!!! :lol::D

Thanks for sharing....

All the best....................

RAY..........................................

nice to have met you ther other day jinks old boy ;) ..cracking looking ground will have to pop up one day and i will let you show me how this long range shooting done ..did my best shot the other night, rabbit 440mtrs not yrds ,but i dont like to talk or brag about it :blink: if you dont mind me asking how long have you been shooting long range ? im new to it really and love it if we go out now its got to be past 200mtrs before we even look at it ..unless its for ferret food

What do you mean exactly by 'old boy' :):D :D

I've been playing about a bit with long range shooting for a couple of years with my 22-250, but only been doing it seriously since getting the 6br a few months ago. The bug has now bitten bad, but I wish I had a bit more time to play with work and family commitments.

ATB

Jinks

Archived