Guest 0nthecase

Guest 0nthecase

hi, i bought my self a remington 204 yesterday and need some help with the load data, can any one help me, what powder,bullets,brass ect ect.thanks daz

I would go for remington brass, I have had winchester brass and its ok but remington brass is much better, for primers try remi 7 1/2's, powder it has got to be reloader 10X but it is hard to get now so vhit 135 would be next. I am currently trying out BL-C(2) after running out of 10x and its working good. As for bullets the 32g v-max seem to shoot well in most rifles they did in mine also but I prefer the 35g bergers, they were shooting sub 1/2 moa with 24.5g of R10X. I was getting sub half MOA with 26.5g of 10X behind the 32g v-max. I also got some decent groups with the 40g berger but had to run them very hot for best accuracy so dont use them. Obviously these loads were safe in my rilfe but you will need to work up to from a safe starting load in yours.

Try this site for loads of info on the .204 .204 site

go to the forum.

Guest 0nthecase
I would go for remington brass, I have had winchester brass and its ok but remington brass is much better, for primers try remi 7 1/2's, powder it has got to be reloader 10X but it is hard to get now so vhit 135 would be next. I am currently trying out BL-C(2) after running out of 10x and its working good. As for bullets the 32g v-max seem to shoot well in most rifles they did in mine also but I prefer the 35g bergers, they were shooting sub 1/2 moa with 24.5g of R10X. I was getting sub half MOA with 26.5g of 10X behind the 32g v-max. I also got some decent groups with the 40g berger but had to run them very hot for best accuracy so dont use them. Obviously these loads were safe in my rilfe but you will need to work up to from a safe starting load in yours.

Try this site for loads of info on the .204 .204 site

go to the forum.

hi mate, thanks for the reply, sound like you done your home work on this calibre as not many people i know can help me with loading for a .204. ill try the 32g v -max and see how thing go. thanks daz

Should have added about coal length's, I wouldnt worry about trying to get bullets into the lands as you havent much chance as the .204 has a lot of throat, start off with sammi max for the 32 g v-max which I think is 2.250. I have played with longer bullet coals but still I am not any where near the lands. Also I wouldnt worry about brass trimming my chamber measured 1.867 and my remington brass came out of the bag at 1.80-1.84, I just trimmed mine to equal lengths and square them for the first firing and now I am just letting them grow a bit, for saftey you should check the length of your own chamber as over long brass can cause pressure problems but I dont think youll have much of a problem.

Guest 0nthecase
Should have added about coal length's, I wouldnt worry about trying to get bullets into the lands as you havent much chance as the .204 has a lot of throat, start off with sammi max for the 32 g v-max which I think is 2.250. I have played with longer bullet coals but still I am not any where near the lands. Also I wouldnt worry about brass trimming my chamber measured 1.867 and my remington brass came out of the bag at 1.80-1.84, I just trimmed mine to equal lengths and square them for the first firing and now I am just letting them grow a bit, for saftey you should check the length of your own chamber as over long brass can cause pressure problems but I dont think youll have much of a problem.

thanks again for the advice mate, it will help me a great deal as im a bit of a novice with re loading. daz

Archived