Laser Bore sighters

Guest 308Panther

Guest 308Panther

Guys.....

I just recieved some very scary pictures in an E mail that I would like to share with you all.....

Seems the guy was using a laser bore sighter...The kind that fits in the muzzle and projects a light to show POA.....

He forgot to remove the bore sighter tool.......He was very very lucky.....

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

gun3.jpg

gun4.jpg

Please....Please....Please ....Please.....Please

Take that extra second to check your weapon....

And always....

Safety First!!!!!

308Panther

Guest varmartin

Panther308...Very scary pictures :) .

I got a feeling I have seen either those or similar pics before, but the reminder is always welcome.

I also heard of a person shooting a cleaning rod `down range` too :)

Martin

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

One answer is the cartridge specific load into the chamber types, I suppose. Then you do what Pete Moore of 'Shooting Sports' magazine did to some supplier's laser boresighter he had on loan - pull the trigger and punch a hole in the back end with the firing pin!

Personally, I've always managed to boresight anything up to .30 cal by looking down the barrel at an object 50-100 yards away and adjusting the scope to put the crosshairs on it. It works better than a collimator IMHO provided you can support the rifle securely enough so it doesn't move. I'm told it doesn't work for large calibres though.

Laurie me and you both I only need a bipod and a cushion, rucksack, beanbag etc and by careful boresighting I can get it within an inch usually in 3 rounds.

Seem's like the pictures have gone but I think they will probably be similar to ones I've seen before, so easy to be focussing on the wrong thing, take care.

Archived