2 bucks in 3 days not bad going

Out again trying to get one more buck before its all over ,any way im up the hide waiting for a buck to show when after an hour I see two fallow deer walk out of the Forrest one big, one small and making there way up the field but keeping close to the tree line out about 230 yrds im quick to look down my scopes that’s all ready setup and im looking for that tell tail sign that sits on top of a bucks head called antlers I see none , so im now thinking one old doe and one last years young ,then I looks closer to see if it has a dick ,im thinking it has but iv got to be right on this one or im in big trouble if I shoot it and im wrong and so im now burning holes in my scope trying to see what it is ..i see some thing hanging down it a dick for sure ,so quick as a flash I dial in 1 MOA or 4 clicks to on the NF giving me bang on at 230yrds aims and lets fly the 100grn bullet .hits it. it runs off im thinking I aint hit it right lung shot maybe I watch it run 120yrds then drops down one little kick and its still ,I gets over to it in the motor has a close look at it my so called shooting buddy crocket is already there and says to me you have shot a doe ?Im thinking f***ing hell ,Im sure it was a buck then he starts to laugh ..i did not think it funny at the time I can tell you ;) ,it’s a buck with its antlers missing he had put its back leg over to cover its dick .he says its a big one at that, no wonder I thought it had a last years young with it ,it must have been with a doe that was with it ..on checking closer as I opened it up I had hit it in the hart blowing the hart to bits, how it ever run that far I will never know ..its bigger than the one I shot 3 days ago and that weighed out at 85lb so this ones a 95 lb got to be ..Shame about the antlers it would have been palm antlers on this one for sure ..you have got to remember this is my real first years deer stalking and I don’t think im doing to bad ..im learning all the time ;)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/2635...k%202%20001.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/2635...k%202%20002.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/2635...k%202%20003.jpg

well done, he's a good size beast.

The bigger bucks will all have cast their antlers by now and will be starting the process of growing them again in time for the rut in October, you will only see prickets and the odd sorel in hard antler at this time of year.

ATB

Moses

cheer for the info i will take it in ..this one weighed in at 107.8 lb best size or should i say weight iv had on a fallow buck yet ..out again later ;)

got another buck this evening ;)

Archived