Out at last

charly hunter

Three weeks with no truck but I got out at last on Saturday evening my son took me out and for once I did the shooting, which was very nice indeed.

The weather for once was nice a warm evening and hardly a breath of wind. So a phone call made and we were ready to go play on 900 acres, or so I thought. But half way there I realised as I never had my truck then I didn't have the key for it and on that key ring is the gate keys to get on the land at the back of the MOD base :rolleyes: No matter we were on our way and we still had 400 acres to play on.

On reaching the first fields we could look across the valley and see that the farmer had cut some of his corn fields and a couple of others had been topped, So with David driving and me hanging out of the passanger window we made a start on the rabbits that were out playing.

This was one of those times when you just know every time you pointed the rifle at a rabbit you were not going to miss, well only once out of 33 rabbit's so that ain't to bad, and even off the shoulder on a couple I was shooting them in the head every time, cor what an evening I thought to myself :rolleyes:

Then disaster struck :P I don't know how I did it but some how getting in and out of his little jeep I put my back out :rolleyes:

I was in agony I tride going on and I really wish we could as the longer we stayed there the more foxes wewere seeing.

It was now about 23.00hrs and I had shot one cub, just missed another as David said he saw the bullet through the light and then I completely missed one adult at just 125 yds. and by this time we had seen 6 - 8 foxes and wew were not half way around.

I take a lot of pain killers anyway due to my disabillaty but even these were not making a blind bit of differance, so we decided it was home for bed. David's little jeep is not made for comfort and it was a hard bumpy ride home. :D

Getting better now and hopfully my truck will have passed the MOT today so I will be out in comfort soon.

Sorry photos are not to smart.

dsc01391kb1.jpg

dsc01395rx2.jpg

Good to hear that you managed to get some shooting in nigel :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So sorry to hear about your back and hope it gets better soon!!!!

Take care buddy...........

RAY............... :D:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your back Nigel, I know how painful it is after slipping a disc in December.

Hope it makes a speedy recovery so you can get on them foxes.

Cheers

Dave

Silent and Millpool had me and my missus jumping over fences the other day and am probably suffering 20% of your pain Nigel sorry it spoilt a potentially good run.Is that Trevelgue camp site close by in the pic?Had many a good night down there pard if you know what I mean!!!cheers onehole.

Guest 308Panther

Hope your back gets better quick...and go easy on the Brett Farve Specials...

BFS's are vicotins and beers...

308Panther

Thanks guys, on the mend now thanks to some very clever chineese stuff my mrs swares by and a good massage or three :lol:

308Panther, I don't touch alcohole pard :lol: The pills I take all I need is a sniff or the bar maids apron and I'm away with the fairies :lol:

They are easer to make love to that way vim!! ( now where did i put that banjo to!! ) ;) ;) ;)

All the best............

RAY....................... :D :D

Only Ray would think of that, 4 years on his own I guess!!!!

The reason is that as you know the Suzuki is not the biggest 4x4 so we can't fit it in the back plus it also saves the blood and piss from stinking out the car. There is no other reason, we Cornish are not all like Ray and Martin, some of us are just boringly normal ;)

hey nigel

you may be many things ,boring aint one of them!!!!!!! ( cant vouch for the other cornish types though) your the only one that doesent talk about sheep all day! you know the sort of thing,best breeds,best fields,the quiet places you can find them! i better stop their or we will have varminter in a muck sweat!!!

Archived