Buck at close range

Went for a stalk last night and decided to hug the boundary as a new regeneration hedge has been planted and I wanted to see if there was any deer damage.

Well a buck had certainly been fraying this sapling .

cullbuck002.jpg

So I continued stalking round to a small copse that held deer , as I arrived I spied a doe in the wood strolling about.

I then headed for another small copse , I glassed it from about 500 yards away and was lucky enough to spot a buck coming out of the wood and heading down a fence line. I stalked up the fence line carefully glassing all the time as the buck had vanished from my view. As I approached near where I last saw him it was take 1 step and glass take another and glass. When suddenly the buck appeared from nowhere only 20 yards from me , I must admit I got a bit excited at being so close but managed to calm down , I altered my sticks to a shorter height but the buck had now stood behind a tree . I waited til he re-appeared and placed the cross hairs on his neck , he dropped immediately at a very close range of about 12 yards.

cullbuck003.jpg

I really enjoyed that stalk more than the shot .

Guest martin

That was a cracking tale 'FH' it is great when you can get that close to such beautiful animals,well done mate,and,look forward to meeting you soon...............Martin.

I dont think it will be that easy down with FOXDROPPER :D

The rumor is that theres some guy from up North comming and he's out to do some serious Buck bashing ;);)

Have a good Trip there buddy looking forward to the posts :D

Archived