Some recuperation time!!!

varminter

Well the weather has been good to us recently so should be good for some varmint shooting!!! :lol:

But unfortunately i have knackered my wrist from work , so not a active as i would like to be ( no dirty thoughts thankyou :D:lol: ) but still able to squeeze a light trigger!!!

I have had some boxes of 65 V-max that i have yet to try in the 6PPC ( she loves the 58 V-maxs ) so have worked up a accurate load recently - 29 grains of Viht N133 / Federal 205 match primer / 65 V-max = 3350fps...

This load is giving me a true bug hole at 100yds , i then ran the load through Exbal then shot some groups at 500yds!! , it was right on the money and still gave good groups for humane hits on pests at this range!!!

Over the weekend i have been able to see how i got on with this load , It started with a 338yd magpie!!! , then a 362yd crow...................

IMAG0016.jpg

Then on Saturday went out with the fruit slayers for some more testing , shot a bunnie with the Parker Hale TX1200 at 421yds - but when i went to retrieve it i found i blew it back down the hole it was sitting in front of!!! :unsure::D

I then met up with the fruit slayers again late Sunday afternoon , we were overlooking a lovely V-gorge in the valley when we noticed a crow at 248yds in the top of a tree down at the bottom of the V-gorge!!

This was a totally safe shot , as you have the steep rising field behind the top of the tree for a safe shot with a unobstructed view , so shot on!!!

I dialed in drop ( less angle of shot ) and for a 4mph wind , i squeezed the trigger and the crow exploded!! , with that another crow landed on the same tree - near where the first crow was!!

So i loaded again and fired and was rewarded with a big explosion again!!!

DSCF3446.jpg

I then just missed a crow in the field at 451yds , just by a whisker!!!

Finished the day on a 270yd headshot bunnie!!!

Its early days but pretty impressed with performance of the 65 V-maxs so far!!! :D:lol:

All the best....................

RAY..................................... :D:lol:

Nice one Ray,,,,

I have been using 65g b/tips in my ppc for about five years now, With good results!!!!

Running at about 3495 fps they are awsome on any thing that they hit???

and most of the groups are one hole five shot groups!!!!

Ray i did the comp at the weekend at the diggle using 69grain bergers and 28.5g of vit 133,,,

first group of the day was .356,,,.412,,,,.466,,,.566 Then in the middle of the comp i adjusted the scope as it was a little bit high And shot a bloody .800 That killed my agg for the day?? But still managed to get .5 agg!!!!!

Lost first place to a chap that was shooting a savage 204,,, Boy do them savages shoot???

Dont know what they have done to them?? But they have got there act to gether to produce a good rifle,, He got an agg of ,355 for the match,,,,

Good write up there my mate!!!!

All the best Darrel :unsure:

OH!!! Sorry Ray I miss read your post" YOU KNACKERD YOUR WRIST WORKING" I thought it said something else :unsure::D:D

I thought you had forgot about the PPC, I see its still shooting straight :lol:

Have you started loading your ammo for your 2009 trip to Wales?

Nice going Captain cheers Andy. :lol:

Yes, you better get loading, you remember what happened last year.

You don't go over stressing that wrist of yours :D:unsure:

You need to be on top form for a trip to the turkey farm for a summer fox BBQ :D

I think Vmax are on the menu.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks lads !!!! :D

When i mentioned about knackering my wrist i thought to myself " INCOMING!! " :D :D ;)

Still gotta lotta love for that PPC captin!! :D !

Pat , good to hear from ya mate :D and good to see you gettin the youngsters involved too!! :D

All the best................

RAY....................................... :D :D

• 4 years later...

Archived