Night Vision

Guest Ridgrback

Guest Ridgrback

Hi

I have just bought a Gen 1 + Night Vision scope. When I turn it off it seems to stay on for 5 minutes. Is this normal?

When I go out with it for a couple of hours, it is on all the time, where it does not turn off. Will this wear the tube out quicker?

Thanks

:rolleyes:

It is perfectly normal for it to stay illuminated after you turn it off, it is the long persistance phosphor used in the tube, it saves on batteries too, so no need to worry just use it and enjoy.

The only thing that damages tubes is pointing it at a bright light or daylight with the lens cap off, if there is a bright streetlight or car headlighs turn it away from them to keep it in good order.

Redfox

i

Guest Ridgrback
It is perfectly normal for it to stay illuminated after you turn it off, it is the long persistance phosphor used in the tube, it saves on batteries too, so no need to worry just use it and enjoy.

The only thing that damages tubes is pointing it at a bright light or daylight with the lens cap off, if there is a bright streetlight or car headlighs turn it away from them to keep it in good order.

Redfox

Hi Redfox

Thanks for your reply and putting my mind at rest. Thought it was faulty!!!

can go out and enjoy it now

Cheers

i

Guest varmartin
Hi

I have just bought a Gen 1 + Night Vision scope. When I turn it off it seems to stay on for 5 minutes. Is this normal?

When I go out with it for a couple of hours, it is on all the time, where it does not turn off. Will this wear the tube out quicker?

Thanks

:unsure:

Sorry... that bit made me think you could not turn it off at all !!

Archived