Changing Rifle Advice

hiya guys

im currently working a sauer synthetic 202 in .25-06 calibre and i love it. (its Right Hand )..i fire off of my left but always worked a righ hnder untill recently changed my .22lr and i prefer a left hander

now thinking bout "semi-customising etc" but there is next to nowt i can do (to my knowledge) with the sauer.

so im keeping same calibre coz i love it .... and a one for one variation is simpler with our Firerams boys

im thinking of getting say a Remmy 700 in stainless. but left handed

my mate has one he put an HS Precision stock on and a jewel trigger...wow!!!!!!!! his accuracy improved no end and ive never felt a trigger like it!!!!!!!

what do you guys think of this direction of a remmy 700?????

also do you know anyone who may have one sitting for sale etc??

any ideas etc greatly appreciated...... maybe a sauer for sale shortly

Sauer

did think of sauer left hand version ...but....

with it being a "take-down" rifle with the stock coming to seperate pieces etc.... i dont have options to "customise" the rifle either by re-stocking or improving the trigger etc

would like the option of being able to customise it to a small degree as i go on

a kind of mini project if you will

sauer

roe an foxs mainly with odd red thrown in ( but not often)...usually no more than 200 -250 yrds tops but mainly 100-150 yrds in the main.

looking to start doing bitmorelonger range stuff...do a bit o bunny bashing etc.

i like the .25-06 caliber and would like to stick with it, but would like a left hander now ive tried one out...its far more natural.

also would like a remmy 700 so i could start toying with it. but getting one in left hand?

mmmmmmmm ;)

sauer

Sauer do make decent bits of kit, I think a Remmy is a backward step.

If you are looking at semi custom how about Howa, a Remmy clone with the problems mostly sorted so I hear. They do handle nicely.

A

Sauer do make decent bits of kit, I think a Remmy is a backward step.

If you are looking at semi custom how about Howa, a Remmy clone with the problems mostly sorted so I hear. They do handle nicely.

A

Sauer to Remington is a big drop in quality. The Howa is better value than the Rem IMHO.

Archived