TROUBLE WITH LAMPERS

nemasis243

Had a call Friday from the owner of the Turkey farm asking if it was me Lamping there the night before? :)

His mother had seen a lamp very late at night but didnt call him, more's the pitty .

It seems that this place also has become subject to the elusive dog men, We know there in the area but know one can find out when and where?

The trouble is that last week a sheep farmer found them in a lambing field running lurchers on a fox in the same field as new born lambs, there has been other cases and various things have gone astray from farm sheds ,and this has occured when lampers have been spotted in those areas :ph34r:

Its not good and needs to be sorted ;)

Anyhow myself and the farm manager decided to go for a quick spin to see what was about and how they would react to the lamp?

We drove into the first field and saw 3 foxes ,as soon as the light hit them they were off big style,not even stopping before going through a hedge, second field using a red filter we saw another one which reacted the same, I was well P******D off with this but there was nothing I could do ,

We drove on and saw a large dog fox digging in a large pile of muck , I got set up and shot him from about 140yrds ,a nice head shot to start the night, the next couple of fields we saw nothing which was very odd as they have always been very good in the past, all come to light as we went into the next field where a dead cow was laying just out from a hedge ,5charlies on it,

I wish I had had my camera , it was a splendid sight,but then again as the light hit them they all started moving , I managed to drop 2 in very quick succession but the other 3 had gone :)

We drove round some more and seen a few more pairs of eyes,but was unsure if it was foxes that we had already seen?

We drove along one side of a woodevalley about 150yrds wide,as you are elevated you have a good view of the other side and its alot easier than going 1/2mile round the lanes to get into the opposite fields.

We spied 2 more which were happy just mooching in the grass together, we stopped the mule and I got set up , I gave aloud bark and they both looked at me , I dropped the first at about 170yrds ,then the other, after a minute, at about 190yrds.

We didnt collect these as the Manager said he would get them in the morning,so i am sorry but no pics of those two.

We decided to call it anight ,as we drove back to the farm he was saying that nearly 18 farmers in the area have had problems with poachers running dogs in the last 3weeks, the police have been informed but then I wouldnt hold my breath there.

Just hope that these guys get what they deserve in the end.

22032009457.jpg

Archived