Ratchermans 1st deer followed by lamping

I took Ratcherman out at the weekend to try for his 1st roe . On arrival at the ground it was very windy and I wasnt too confident. We stalked down a valley and were rewarded with spying a roe at the edge of a wood .Ratcherman shot it square in the shoulder and after a dash of around 40 metres it collapsed dead. He was delighted , after the gralloch we continued further and as there was still about 1/2 an hour of daylight left I decided to try for another . Our luck was in , I spied another doe lying down at the edge of a small plantation , this time it had to be a neck shot which Ratcherman duly achieved.

Well to say he was over the moon is an understatement , not 1 roe but 2 . :D

I said as it was now getting dark we might as well try for a fox just to complete the perfect day for him.

I had seen a dog fox a few times near a small wood and decided to try and catch up with him , our luck was in , as I flicked the lamp on there was a fox no more than 60 yards from us broadside but it wasnt the dog fox I had hoped for but a vixen ..................what a great outing !!!!!

gary14mch09004.jpg

Archived