Out for 40 minutes and 1 in the bag.

clivej

Just back from a quick spin around my patch and 1 small dog fox in the bag.

He was about 75m off and took a while to think about moving away. But a small blow on the FoxCaller.co.uk stopped him before he took a hit. Dropped like a stone - dead.

I was out last Saturday night when it was my sons turn with the 223. He took 3 foxes. First was a big dog @50m. He didn't even move and was to intrested in what he was doing to look up. With the 170 Lightforce on full beam he took a Sako 55gr soft point to the cheast and didn't get up.

The next fox was with his vixen out at 200m. Again using the FoxCaller from that Internet site the dog fox came trotting in to about 50m to meet his doom.

Just up the way the son took his next kill at 100m. But this time the fox didn't stop for the called but kept on moving along a hedge. But when he did stop to look back he was taken.

So that's it until the end of the summer when I will start lamping the fox again. It's Paddy's day next week so I call a halt to the lamping. I can't kill any if I think there will be cubs in the den to feed.

But for the first time tonight I saw plenty of rabbits out in the fields at night so that will mean good feeding for the foxes.

Clive J .......... from KK.

Nice going Clive and have a great St Patricks day.

Im sure a few pints of Guiness will be drunk that day, are you sure thats not the real reason your not going lamping :):lol:

Cheers

Dave

Archived