A BIG THANK YOU

Guest Sprags

Guest Sprags

I will cut a long story very short as I dont want to bore the tits off you, however I feel the need to share this.........

Today I went to collect my new.17hmr, I part ex'd the old, which was taken off me last monday. I arrived at the gun shop, handed over my ticket and the guy in the shop sighed...... "you haven't got a one for one variation" he said. I replied with "I didn't know I had to get one as you had took the other rifle off me 4 or 5 days ago".

"No, you need one!" he said to me......

"Oh dear" I thought, " Ok, leave it with me" I told him and left the shop.

I walked outside, phoned Warwickshire Firearms Dept and explained that I was due to collect my rifle but hadn't realised I needed the 'one for one'. "Can you get over here, to Police HQ?" he asked, "Yes, I ceratinly can, can you help me on this matter then?" I said...

Anyway, I drove to Police HQ, met the gentleman who I had spoken to on the phone and explained what a complete idiot I was, he took my ticket and asked me if I had sent my letter of notification off, I explained that it went off on Tuesday, the Police hadn't recieved it yet, or it was in the pending section. He left with my FAC, I sat on a nice comfy leather settee and waited for approx 25mins, he returned with a newly printed FAC with my variation sorted.

How's that for service?

So, a big thank you to Warwickshire Police Firearms Dept!

Regards,Sprags

Thats fantastic.

But isn't that how it should be. As you thought Sprags you could just swap one for one, makes a lot more sense of all these silly one for one variations.

Glad you had fantastic service, its something which others should aspire to.

Cheers

Dave

Guest varmartin

That is fantastic service...but as 6mmBR said, that how it should be.....After all we pay our Council Tax Bills......

The ability to `trade` one caliber for another of the same would save huge amounts of paper work and tax payers money....

I wonder if the ` one for one variation ` will ever be dropped ?

Archived