Blue light lamping.

6mmBR

Well I suppose it had to happen one day. Last night was the first time in 20 odd years of lamping we got stopped by the police.

Simon and I were lamping a bit of ground and saw a cars lights slow up on the road and drive off we thought nothing of it.

We then moved up the field and Simon called in a fox, then came the strange bit Simon turned off the lamp to get him a bit closer and another light went on the fox :D we couldn't work it out this happened twice.

So not to wait for the fox to spook I shot it ;)

001.jpg

As we were returning to the truck on came the blue lights :D

We walked over and it was one of our local bobbies we new thankfully.

He laughed when he reconised us, he said he was looking for pikies who had been running long dogs and thought everything must have been ok as the truck had road tax on it ;)

We had a chat and he wished us well and we went on our way.

We moved on to another location and we managed to call up close and personal a dog fox, which was only 15 yards away when I shot it.

They don't half look big in a scope at that distance.

003-1.jpg

Well an interesting night and a bit of a first at least we now know where the second light came from ;)

Cheers

Dave

Dave, It was nice of him to put the lamp on the fox for you :D

We have had a few runnins with the law??? But to be fair to them, they have been ok??

You lads still getting a few then??

I did hear one calling last night, but we could not fined him anywere??

Are well thats how it goes some times ;)

All the best Darrel ;)

Guest martin

Although funny,it could of been a different outcome if they had walked across the field towards where you were shooting.Some police officers(and,I know there a a few on here,and,I obviously don't mean them)aren't exactly blessed with a surfeit of brains,they might well be 'Street Wise' but,not so much 'Country Wise' if you know what i mean...........martin.

Archived