Late evening/lamp

foxshot

picture017.jpg

STALK

This was the result of a late evening stalk and a night's lamping by me and my shooting budy Steph

The roe was taken out by him with a neck shot,this is quite a hard area to stalk as it is wide open on the aproach up to some small forestry,upon ariving and finding a good vantage point we waited then a buck and a doe ventured out well within shooting range my mate steadied himself on the sticks and droped it where it stood,the buck stood for a while before moving back to where it came from,luckily there is now a track to the forestry so we went for the nav to pick it up ,venison for tea

Lamp

This is also an area where there are plenty fox's so this was our first sesion by now the rain had started so look's like a wet night ahead we spoted a fox on the aproach to the moor but it was having none of it and wouldnt stop for a shot then a little further on where the track starts a set of eyes were spoted then another then to our right another set my mate set the rifle on the bonet of the nav and after leaving cover the fox presented its self with a shot fox 1 in the bag,the other two were still on the left so again Steph set up for another shot the fox ran down a bank after the shot was taken so we were not sure it was a hit upon walking over fox 2 lay at the botom of a bank then upon leaving the moor one was spoted in a field again my mate got on the nav this one was a little shy but i managed to stop it long enough for him to drop it on the spot fox 3 ,on to the next area my turn to shoot by now we were both prety wet two posibly three fox's were lamped in this valley that again runs up to the moor's but wouldnt present themselvs with a shot eventualy one started to come of the tops to the call, i had it in the sight's all the way down then he came under a gate and steph stoped him long enough to send the 50 gr on its way fox 4 by now it was geting on a bit and the rain hadnt let up so we called it a night wet cold but very plesed with the result

Hi Foxshot a great result and nice to hear you are still out and about!!!! :D:)

All the best....................

RAY.................................. :D;)

Archived