Barren farm throws up 2.

Gran

charlie1.jpg

Shot with C3100Z,C3020Z at 2009-03-01

charlie2.jpg

Shot with C3100Z,C3020Z at 2009-03-01

These were taken on a farm that has a specific problem with Charlie's tripping alarms in a secure area he charges folks to store caravans etc... so even though we had not seen any for a while we still call in to let the farmer know we are still on top of the job.

The first was foraging about on a newly sown field at the side of the compound & was awkward due to me not seeing the fox when my mate called it out so didn't get the chance to park in the best position to shoot off the bonnet. I managed to get a bead on it & down it went.

We drove to the top of the field to allow us to skirt round the edge & a pair of eyes were peering at us over the top of a bank, we both thought this was the first fox that had got up & moved to a new position & had not gone down as clean as we thought.

I clambered on to the wheel & rested the bipod on the roof, another awkward shot but thats the way it is sometimes.this shot saw it jump up in the air & scurry into the undergrowth.

After twenty minutes we gave up trying to find it, my buddy shone the lamp into the field & the first fox lay where it had dropped so we had 2 but 1 unaccounted for.

I went back this morning & it was 50 yds into the undergrowth.

Can't get my head around the wound though, it appears to have gone through the right shoulder & along the flank you can see the coat where it's been parted & then into the right rear hip.

I wonder how long before we see any more on here though, still if you don't pitch up you won't see any.

Gran

Nice going, yes looking at the pictures it does seem odd.

At first glanse without reading the text I thoght it may have been caught in a snare.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Called in again last night even though we were adamant there would be not a snowballs chance in hell of being a fox on here again.... :lol:

We parked up & I jumped out to make the coffee,my buddy told me there were 2 bunnies which we decided to take for the dog,no problem because there won't be any foxes will there.....

I dumped the drinks back in the cab, retrieved the HMR,shot the bunnies,replaced the HMR & then set off with my £8 Tesco torch to fetch my Ridgies dinner.

I picked up the second wabbit & flicked the torch on the treeline 60yds away......those big old eyes were staring back trying to figure what all the racket was all about.

I trotted back to the truck & quickly bought Mart up to speed & gave him a general direction to lamp,while pulling the T3 out of the bag I thought "there's no way he's going to hang about after all that "

At first we couldn't find him but he showed up even further into the field at about 100yds.

So this shows that sometimes it doesn't matter how bad you are at being quiet/covert/downwind you can still bag Charlie :);)

I won't post the piccy has it's a tad gory.

Gran.

Archived