Injured fox to be despatched.............

Guest martin

I was having a well earned lie in this morning,but,all the best plans of mice and men go awry,and,the phone went,it was a farmer that I have just gained permission from,asking if I could go up to the farm to despatch an injured fox that had maybe been in an RTA.Apparently it couldn't walk more than 2 steps before falling over,so,I said yes no problem,but,you will have to come and get me as I still can't drive,and,I have a f***ed up knee at the moment as well,so walking was out of the question.Anyway her son-in-law turned up and we drove up to the farm.She has a small field at the back of her house,and,the fox was last seen there,so,I got the shotgun out of the sleeve(it doesn't see the light of day very often)and,wandered across the field to where it had been last,but,as we all know foxes have this supreme ability to stay away from humans,even when they are obviously in an immense amount of pain,and,try as I might,I just couldn't find it.I even checked all of the outbuildings,and,even her neighbours outbuildings too,but,not a sign.I guess it just crawled off using it's front paws to drag it into some dense cover somewhere,almost certainly not on her land.I wish I had taken the dogs with me,but,I hadn't and her Westie wasn't interested,so,Ithere wasn't a lot I could do,a great shame,cos,I hate the thought of an injured animal lying up to die somewhere.

Anyway,as I was checking the boundary of her place,I saw two Roe(a Buck and a Doe)watching me,so,I took a pic on the phone,sorry about the quality.I have the stalking rights on her place,but,not the neighbour who is a bit of a Hippy love everything type of bloke,a nice guy,but,won't have me on his land.They do however cross the big field regularly,and,when my knee is better,I shall be erecting a highseat so I can intercept a few of them...........bring on the Bucks!

DSC00049-1.jpg

And then making for safety..........

DSC00050.jpg

I've got a fox with a broken leg that limped past the window 3 yards from where I am sitting now at 5pm on Weds. been out Weds and Thurs nights to find it, had one but it was healthy other than a bullet hole. probably another wandering young dog.

A

You wanted the wife to come and give you a lift again ;););):D

Hope the Knee is on the mend , better be ready for the buck season :D

Oh,it will Andy...........lol...bring 'Bev' up we'll have a foursome mate................ ;) ........martin.

Archived