Otter calling

foxhunter

Friday night saw me travel up to my mates on the River Clyde for a spot of lamping followed by stalking on Saturday.

We set up in position and I started calling using my Cottontail in distress call from my mobile , after a few seconds I spotted 3 sets of eyes bounding in from about 400 yards away in a procession. I said to my mate "Look at these badgers coming in " but once they got closer my mate looked through his scope and said " There not badgers there Otters " and sure enough the 3 otters came in to about 40 yards away before veering off and heading back for the river :D

We went down to the river and spotted 2 swimming , I dont know if it was the same otters we'd seen or another pair . On lamping the far river bank I spied a fox curled up without a care in the world until a 180 grainer from my mates .308 put it to sleep ;)

sika002.jpg

Nice going Mark, Dave 6mmBr and myself were out a little while ago and had the pleasure of seeing some Otters in the estuary on one of the Estates I do the foxes on .

Great to see in the flesh and not watching Bill Odie in the picture as well ;)

All the best Andy

Nice going Mark, Dave 6mmBr and myself were out a little while ago and had the pleasure of seeing some Otters in the estuary on one of the Estates I do the foxes on .

Great to see in the flesh and not watching Bill Odie in the picture as well ;)

All the best Andy

It was a fascinating site watching them, never seen them that close up.

Glad that twit Oddie wasn't there, are those bearded creatures vermin?

Cheers

Dave

It was a fascinating site watching them, never seen them that close up.

Glad that twit Oddie wasn't there, are those bearded creatures vermin?

Cheers

Dave

he should be but i think you'd call him the greater bearded tit.................. :lol:

Archived