ADVERTISEMENTS

Guest Sprags

Any idea how I remove the ads that are now on the right hand side of my screen when viewing this forum as it makes viewing the topics rather small, if that makes any sense?

EDITED TO ADD: All sorted now, I have set the skin selector to IP.Board Pro

Thanks,Sprags!!

How did you do that ? they are anoying the hell out of me too :)

Go carefull with me im a PC mong :o;)

Ads

:rolleyes:

At the botom of the page, on the left hand side there will be a box which has probably been set to IPB Default Skin, click the drop down tab next to it and select IP.Board Pro, it will get rid of the ads but change the skin colour!

Hope this helps, from PC Mong to another!! :lol:

Regards,Sprags

In that case could they not be moved to the bottom of the page ? Tends to take up alott of space at the edge of the page. Just a thought.

Ads

Hi Ads,

Believe it or not, the adverts on the right are taking up predominantly dead space. There are only a few topic headers that it encroaches into the space of. Also, being on the right hand side it is aways showing on the site - something that is beneficial to the paying advertiser.

I initially moved the adverts to he right as they are actually working links so that if you click on them the advertisers site opens up in a new window. When the ads were in a rotating banner at the top of the pge you couldn't do this.

We are always looking at ways to improve the image of the site and stop it stagnating without, hopefully, altering the main part of it. Unfortunately using bbs boards you are limited to what you can do to a certain extent.

Kinda glad this topic came back up,

I had read it when it intially was posted,but couldnt remember

where to find what to get the result....

Really hate to say it this way...but the ads are of little use to those

outside the UK.

In many cases its illegal for me to send you guys something...say a Magpul PRS stock

for example.....so the natural thought being its just as illegal for you guys to send me

something....

As much as I would love too,support and patronize some of your business's.....its

probably safer I didnt.

I dont look good in one size fits all jump suits.

308Panther

Hi 308Panther,

As always, thank you for your input. Surprisingly you are not correct with your thought. It is not illegal for us to send items out of the UK ( unless specific firearms parts ).

As 99% of our members are UK based, the adverts are aimed predominantly at them , likewise if I log onto the Varminthunters or predatorhunters websites in the US there are no UK advertisers on there.

Once again thanks for your input.

Archived