Friday the 13th

6mmBR

Well I popped down to see Andy last night for a lamp around Ian's.

The weather was a bit shitty with intermittent rain and banks of fog and mist.

We were a bit doubtful of our luck but we thought we'd give it a go.

The first part of the evening was a bit uneventful with Andy struggling with the lamp to see anything through the mist.

We then had a bit of luck as we dropped down to a neighbours farm the mist cleared.

We picked up 2 very dark coloured foxes in quick succesion, both came into the lamp and held well for straight forward shots at 80-90 yards.

We moved on across the valley and spotted a fox in a field by the side of the road, it sat beautifully but was right on the skyline so was not safe to shoot.

We drove around to get a differnt angle and could see the fox peeping over the bank but again no safe shot. The fox moved, so did we and we carried on playing peek a boo with this fox for 200yards and he would not present a safe shot.

We drove down another farm track to alter the angle again and this time he was sitting under the hedge. I got down for the shot but because the lane was deep all I could see was the top of the hedge and no fox, this was definitely becoming a Friday the 13th fox.I jumped off the back of the pick up and pushed into the hedge until I found a fence post to rest on. Thank goodness the fox was still there. All I could see was his head and neck above the grass, I put the cross hairs on his head and squeezed the trigger the sound of a hit came back and the foxes lights went out.

It was a smelly old dog fox and we were glad to ditch him from the truck.

DSCF0952.jpg

The mist came in again and Ian was up early for milking so we called it a night.

Andy was still up for more but I had stuff on the next day and didn't want a late finnish.

Hopefully he got on ok after I left him and he should report back, I just hope the fog didn't beat him as it was very thick on the way home.

Cheers for a good nights sport Andy.

Dave

Nice one Dave and Andy!!!! ;)

Had the same thing myself on Thursday night to go lamping with Dave my farmer friend!!!

When i left home it was fogging in , but when i arrived on the farm in the lower valley it had lifted!!!!

All the best..................

RAY....................................... ;) ;)

Archived