Good night out

dogfox

Well

we manage to get out for a spot of lamping last night as we have not had much time because we have been busy with deer stalking.

The first farm we lamped we did not see any thing about, not even a rabbit. We then drove over to the next farm. Where we lamped the top fields but we did not find. As we were lamping I could see somebody lamping on a farm in the distance that we were going to lamp later on. We were talking about having a slow night and then we spotted one on the bottom fields but he did not hang about.

So it was on to the next farm. We drove down through the farm and it was very quite until we saw a red glow of eyes down on the river bank. We gave a call and the fox come running straight in to me and the 80 grain bergers out of the 6Br made short work of her.

We then swapped over to Twanky to have a shot and drove to the bottom river fields of the next farm. Where we saw a fox laying down in the field. We gave it a call but it did not want to move. So we drove slowly down towards it and stopped about 100 plus yards and Twanky made short work of it.

We then drove to the farm where I could see somebody lamping early on. I was now shooting as we swapped over and as we drove up the drive we spotted a fox in the next field. The fox was just on the brow of the field and was not a safe shot. So we drove up the track and stopped in the gate way. We gave a call and the fox came up over the brow to give me a safe shot and I dispatched that one with the 6Br. We shone the lamp around and there was two foxes behind us but they ran when the lamp was on them.

So we drove up he field up to the farm house and they where laying down in the field about 150 yards away. We gave a call to try and make the foxes stand up but they ran a little way and stopped. I shot at the fox we stopped and I missed it :blink::lol: . We then swapped over and it was Twanky turn for a shot. We then saw another four foxes on three other farms but they would not give us a shot. We then drove up to some mountain farms and the first field we saw a fox laying down under some tress about 200 yards away. Twanky made a good shot on it and hit it in the head. We then drove around to the next couple of farms where we saw one more fox and Twanky shot that one at about 200 yards with 22.250 Tikka. So we finished the night with five foxes and we saw about twelve foxes all night.

getattachment1zs8.th.jpg

Guest magwa1962
Well

we manage to get out for a spot of lamping last night as we have not had much time because we have been busy with deer stalking.

The first farm we lamped we did not see any thing about, not even a rabbit. We then drove over to the next farm. Where we lamped the top fields but we did not find. As we were lamping I could see somebody lamping on a farm in the distance that we were going to lamp later on. We were talking about having a slow night and then we spotted one on the bottom fields but he did not hang about.

So it was on to the next farm. We drove down through the farm and it was very quite until we saw a red glow of eyes down on the river bank. We gave a call and the fox come running straight in to me and the 80 grain bergers out of the 6Br made short work of her.

We then swapped over to Twanky to have a shot and drove to the bottom river fields of the next farm. Where we saw a fox laying down in the field. We gave it a call but it did not want to move. So we drove slowly down towards it and stopped about 100 plus yards and Twanky made short work of it.

We then drove to the farm where I could see somebody lamping early on. I was now shooting as we swapped over and as we drove up the drive we spotted a fox in the next field. The fox was just on the brow of the field and was not a safe shot. So we drove up the track and stopped in the gate way. We gave a call and the fox came up over the brow to give me a safe shot and I dispatched that one with the 6Br. We shone the lamp around and there was two foxes behind us but they ran when the lamp was on them.

So we drove up he field up to the farm house and they where laying down in the field about 150 yards away. We gave a call to try and make the foxes stand up but they ran a little way and stopped. I shot at the fox we stopped and I missed it :blink::lol: . We then swapped over and it was Twanky turn for a shot. We then saw another four foxes on three other farms but they would not give us a shot. We then drove up to some mountain farms and the first field we saw a fox laying down under some tress about 200 yards away. Twanky made a good shot on it and hit it in the head. We then drove around to the next couple of farms where we saw one more fox and Twanky shot that one at about 200 yards with 22.250 Tikka. So we finished the night with five foxes and we saw about twelve foxes all night.

getattachment1zs8.th.jpg

good nights shooting lads, is there a lot of shooters on the same farms/land as you, my rule here is if you want me to take care of your foxes NO ONE ELSE TO SHOOT GROUND AFTER DARKNESS or get someone else to do it, i then know that i am safe from any other gung ho wannabees.

Regards Jimmy

Archived