Fully Automatic Sako Quad .22lr

silent_varmintor

Bet that title got your attention lads !!!

I have acquired a Sako Quad in .22lr ( bolt action just to set the record straight ) from a friend of mine. We had this rifle out last year for some rabbiting and we only managed to fire a few rounds from this as for no reason the rifle would go off when loaded !!

Sometimes this rifle would really struggle to eject an unfired round but when fired it would eject no issues at all. I have done some research with this and it may be that the chamber has a build up of wax from the bullets so i will give this a good clean.

Last night i got the action out of the stock and again from some research it seems the trigger has been lightened using the screw. I believe if you unscrew the screw so it touches the large cap screw holding the trigger assembly onto the action, you have lightened the trigger to its lightest setting. Does anyone know if this has been unscrewed too much, could this account for the rifle going off randomly ? 

I have tried the good old bump test when cocked but never seems to go off when i have tried. 

Any help appreciated lads

Craig