A BIRTHDAY PRESENT FROM MY MATE

nemasis243

Well the family had arranged a night out for me last night as it was my birthday, but as I dont drink I end up driving and wasnt very keen on the idea , then the phone went and it was the one I wanted to hear,

"DO YOU WANT TO GO AND LOOK FOR A CHARLIE", were the words from my mate Simon , I looked at the family and said ,"I have to go bloody fox is in with the lambs ;)

After a few words I was on my way, I got to Simons and off we set ,we travelled half an hour till we arrived at a sheep farm out in the wilds, as you drive down the lane to the farm there is an old Chaple with some stone steps which go up the side of the building ,at the top is a small wall and enough room for 2 people to stand , we climed up and flicked the lamp on , Its a real good vantage point as it elevates you 15ft in the air and you can scan 3 fields from there.

As Simon swung the lamp round a pair of eyes was moving across the field about 180yrds away, I settled down behind the gun and was waiting for Simon to stop the fox using a bark or a whistle , he did this but no responce, the fox kept trotting away,

He tried again and yet again it didnt even look at us, I said "keep it on him", I checked the back stop and all was fine , I moved the Illuminated dot onto the front of his chest and slowly followed him and eased the pressure on the trigger, BOOM, as I watched the fox do a summersolt and lay flat on the floor.

"YOU TW*T " was the words from my mate.

12022009420.jpg

We then set off around some of the fields on the quad , then we had a glint of a pair of eyes right on a hedge which is in front of a quarry which we had come past on our way down ,

We stopped the quad and I set up on the bipod ,we were up above the fox and had a clear view of him laying in the side of the hedge , every now and them ,he would turn his head round ,but most of the time he kept looking away,

I gave a loud bark and he stretched his kneck and turned and looked in my direction , as he started to turn away I sqeezed off ,

Zap as the 58grne12022009421.jpgr hit him in the back of the skull

12022009422.jpg

We moved on and come across another one which was a long way off ,tried to call it but no responce , I set down with the gun on the bipod and sqeezed off, another thwack as the bullet hit its target , this was a nice one of 324paces , I had to walk it out as the battery on my Lieca had given up the ghost.

12022009424.jpg

We started to work our way back and acroos a small valley we picked up a pair of eyes , I started calling and it came like a train , about 15ft in front of me was a gorse bush, the fox ran straight through it at full pelt and stopped as it got to our side,

We it was point and shoot , as the face of the fox filled the scope.

12022009423.jpg

So we returned to the farm yard packed the gear away and that was that for another nite, as we drove home acroos some back roads we stopped and had a look at a few baits we had going , sure enough on each bait was a fox , we didnt bother getting all the gear out again ,were gonna have another look another time .

cheers Andy :mad:

Archived