6BR

mo3

I to all you guys have just got going on this site first post and my question is what barrel length do you recomend in 6BR for long range 1 in 8 twist noticed quite a few off you using this CAL thanks Chris

Welcome to the site mo3.

My current 6BR has a 24" barrel, however it is soon to be rebarreled and I'm opting for a heavier profile barrel and moving up to a 28" finished length.

This should give me hopefully another 70+ fps with the extra 4 inches, whilst still using the same powder charge.

For target use in your 1 in 8 try Berger 105 VLD's 10 thou into the lands and for vermin use 87gn V max are hard to beat.

Whilst shooting with Nemasis .243 last summer I killed a crow at 920 yards with my load of 87Vmax and 30gns of Vit N135.

The BR is a superb cartridge with minimal recoil allowing you to see all your impacts.

Have fun its a great caliber what ever barrel length you choose.

Cheers

Dave

Welcome to the site mo3.

My current 6BR has a 24" barrel, however it is soon to be rebarreled and I'm opting for a heavier profile barrel and moving up to a 28" finished length.

This should give me hopefully another 70+ fps with the extra 4 inches, whilst still using the same powder charge.

For target use in your 1 in 8 try Berger 105 VLD's 10 thou into the lands and for vermin use 87gn V max are hard to beat.

Whilst shooting with Nemasis .243 last summer I killed a crow at 920 yards with my load of 87Vmax and 30gns of Vit N135.

The BR is a superb cartridge with minimal recoil allowing you to see all your impacts.

Have fun its a great caliber what ever barrel length you choose.

Cheers

Dave

thanks dave for reply i to was thinking 28 Mike norris will be building this rifle on a bernard action

You mention long range, what are your planned uses for your rifle?

Hopefully I will get my rifle rebarrelled soon so will be able to report back soon what a 28" tube is like.

What is the build time with Mike Norris?

Cheer

Dave

You mention long range, what are your planned uses for your rifle?

Hopefully I will get my rifle rebarrelled soon so will be able to report back soon what a 28" tube is like.

What is the build time with Mike Norris?

Cheer

Dave

Dave the build time with mike is about three to four months dependig on parts etc

Hi MO3 welcome to the site, as Dave has said ,he and and I where out doing a lot of long stuff last summer and we were pulling off shots which were mind blowing, Dave had a crow at 920 and we were putting rounds within inches of rabbits at over a grand.

I have a 26" in 1-8twist and I wish I had gone maybe 28-30

87grners are great and 105 even better, we were tossing rabbits around with consistancy at 400-500.

Your gonna love it when you got one , good luck all the best Andy

Hi MO3 welcome to the site, as Dave has said ,he and and I where out doing a lot of long stuff last summer and we were pulling off shots which were mind blowing, Dave had a crow at 920 and we were putting rounds within inches of rabbits at over a grand.

I have a 26" in 1-8twist and I wish I had gone maybe 28-30

87grners are great and 105 even better, we were tossing rabbits around with consistancy at 400-500.

Your gonna love it when you got one , good luck all the best Andy

Thanks Andy for reply will be talking to mike soon abount building the 6BR gowing for Bernard model S action trueflite or bartlin barrel stock pos bell and carlson jewell trigger barrel 28 with brake 1 in 8 twist ps sounds like you have some cracking land to shoot over best regauds Chris

Archived