thanks to warwickshire flo.

grahamfarmer

hi guys ,

just posting this as a thread to show that some flo offices are very helpful.

as you will have seen in the ukvar comp thread we have had a recent tb breakdown in our dairy herd after all the form filling and defra follow up work the likely conclusion is that the tb has arrived through contact with wild deer. as we are a closed herd for 25 years breeding all or own replacements. no direct contact with any other cattle as surounded by arable units and we have no badgers on or crossing the farm. the reactors are also in the young stock or dry cows that have come into the herd not the milking herd so nothing comming into the buildings we do have 12 to 18 roe deer regularly about.

so the formall advise is to remove the deer and see if we can get a clear test in 60 days time. now the problem i had was the 308 was perfectly legal for deer use but we need to examine the internal organs with the minium of damage to look for signs of tb and it s not the sort of calabier to start neck shooting with as the exit of the bullet is not predicable even with a 110 grain vmax so a call was made explaining my delemia and the advise was you need a 243.

the out come of which was fill out a firearms form for a variation for a 243 and ring up when you are comming in and the check for £26 and we will have it all ready and waiting for you to pick up when picking it up also found out that they had upgraded the 243 and 308 to open tickets to go with my rimmies and 223 that where open ticketed so whilst there asked about our planned get together and that sorted that problem as well.

can only say these guys are so helpful with any query and you can hold a resoned conversation with them so if anyone is looking to move house and you enjoy shooting as long as you can show resonabled grounds for needing a weapon they will allow you to follow your sport so come to warwickshire.

graham.

Archived