big dog fox

pnse

decided to have a lookout last night before the bad weather comes in,got set up and started to call,called for about 30 mins but nothing showed,then seen two pairs of eyes in a Field about 500 yards away as this Field has a track leading upto it i told my mate to drive slowly up to it with me ready with the rifle on top of the land rover,as we came around the edge of the Field one fox was about 30 yards in front of us as the lamp came up the fox started to run flat out and out of the gate in the bottom corner then my mate spotted the other fox worming about 100 yards away as the lamp went on him he started to trot away but stopped to look back at about 160 yards when a 40 grn vmax behind the shoulder polaxed him.the wind really started to pickup then so we called it a night

DSCN1149.JPG

Just outta curiousity ....you didnt by chance weigh it did ya?

THAT is one well fed fox.

308Panther

as it happens i did he weighed in at 26lb,to give you some scale the rifle is 49'' long

atb Paul

Guest magwa1962
decided to have a lookout last nite before the bad weather comes in,got set up and started to call,called for about 30 mins but nothing showed,then seen two pairs of eyes in a Field about 500 yards away as this Field has a track leading upto it i told my mate to drive slowly up to it with me ready with the rifle on top of the land rover,as we came around the edge of the Field one fox was about 30 yards in front of us as the lamp came up the fox started to run flat out and out of the gate in the bottom corner then my mate spotted the other fox worming about 100 yards away as the lamp went on him he started to trot away but stopped to look back at about 160 yards when a 40 grn vmax behind the shoulder polaxed him.the wind really started to pickup then so we called it a nite

DSCN1149.JPG

Wish i had that fox in my shed , cracking full winter coat, unusual colour ( blackish ) would skin this out in a heartbeat.

WELL DONE THAT MAN !!!

a good FOX is a DEAD FOX

Archived