ITS ALWAYS THE CASE WHEN YOU AINT GOT A GUN IN YOUR HAND

nemasis243

Well it was going to be a quiet night in , as I was going for a meal with a young lady friend I know, about midday she rang and told me she had to do an extra shift at the hospital ,so that wasnt the end of the world.

I was chatting to my good friend Martin on the phone this afternoon and I said I mite just go for a quick look somewhere tonight for an hour , Oh boy am I glad I did ;)

I decided to go down the turkey farm just to shoot a few bunnies for a lad in work.

I got to the house and spoke to the farmer ," Andy do me a favour dont shoot to many foxes tonight as I have the hunt here again Monday",

I have eased off a little as the last time they went through they saw the pile of foxes that was shot the night before , waiting to be put in the incinerator.

Anyway left the yard and drove to the big waste pile , which is a hundred yards away, heres charlie sitting on the top, didnt give a dam about me as I drove past about 30yrds away, into the next field two more , these were a little bit spooky ,moving stopping ,moving stopping, I thought I will leave these till another time. Into the next field 4 foxes I thought to myself ,if only he hadnt said dont shoot to many.

They were just mooching about and a fair way from the chicken sheds so I drove on , I went across the road and into a field where I knew there where a few bunnies , I parked up and got the 243 out and head shot four rabbits the furthest only being 120yrds away, as I was driving to pick the last one up here comes another fox on his way down to the sheds , he looked stopped and kept going, but at a slow pace, an easy shot at 80yrds.

I went into the next field where there are a few sheds ,I flicked the lamp on and there two foxes within 10yrds of one another about 159yrds away .

I set myself up and flicked the scope mounted lamp on , I eased onto the first one and sqeezed off ,watching it drop, I racked the bold and turned the gun to find the second one looking straight at me , thump, that one had it as well.

I scanned the field and nothing so I drove over set about taking a photo , as I put the big lamp on to get some light I caught a pair of eyes comming towards me , 50yrds,40yrds ,30yrs,20yrds ,I caughed and the fox just sat there looking at me , I couldnt believe this , I had the gun unloaded on the floor next to the foxes for a photo and here was a gift at 2oyrds away, So mobile in hand I fiddled and got it onto Video mode :wacko:

No then Guys and Girls I am no Steven Spielburg, I was trying to look through the phone ,trying to put the lamp in the right place and then I had the brilliant idea of trying to zoom in , :blink:

I think I will stick to shooting , it seems easier,

I will try an put the video on here folks but god knows what it will be like.

I packed the gun away and just had a spin round ,in total I counted 23foxes, I dont think I come across the same one's twice as I headed away from where I started and all foxes where comming into the direction of the farm.

Cant wait for the thumbs up ,when the hunting season finishes ,should have a good night or two down there.

cheers Andy

31012009416.jpg

31012009409.jpg

Hi folks I cant seem to work out how to get the video from phone onto computer- and then on here ,sorry about that.

Any h

Archived