frosty morning

bob tail

frosty morningGot a phone call the other day from a farmer who was having a problem with a fox taking ducks and chickens so i thought i had better go and have alook . I got up this morning and took off down to the farm, wasn't there long before the vixen was trotting towards me looking for breakfast so i fed her from a 22 with a subsonic and may i say she enjoy the meal it went down a treat. :lol:

Photo136.jpg

CHEERS

CHRIS :rolleyes:

Nice going Mate , nice and frosty down there :D

Hi Andy,

It certainly was frosty down here yesterday morning it was minus 4 degrees and it was perfect for the vixen as at that time in the morning cold and hungry she came in to the call quite nicely. Mind you i did think i had missed her because i had been calling for about ten mins or so and i started to wallk away when she showed herself at 60yrds then sat down and watched me get into position behind some round bales with not a care in the world. So i fed her some copper for breakfast and like a good bowl of porridge you could see the steam rising on the cold frosty morning . :lol:

cheers

chris :rolleyes:

"Copper Breakfast" I like that one, :lol::D

We have a big change in the weather down here today ,rain and gales :rolleyes:

Gonna try and get down your way in a couple of months with Dave ,so will meet up then for a chat .

Have Fun cheers Andy :)

Hi Chris ,

Well done mate , and you christened that new rifle of yours too!!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

I bet Jeff is pleased , and his poultry should be safer now too!!! :)

All the best................

RAY....................................... :):D

Congrats Chris nice way to christen your new rifle,fine looking vixen as well

Thanks foxshot,

This one was being a pain for the farmer and a neighbour for a few weeks now and she has been having the odd pheasant or two aswell from the syndicates birds so she had to be stopped. I seen her the weekend before last running towards me with a hen pheasant in her mouth and just as i got into position she caught wind of me and took off so the mission was on . And as you can see i won the battle of wills with this one and she lost with a lead injection which i was happy about and so was the farmer, but i think we got another one to deal with now that has moved into the farm.

But all in all it was a good morning on saturday it only took me about fifteen minutes to park the car walk down the track and call and shoot her before i had to go back home to sort out my puppies which is my main part of the day at the moment.

CHEERS

CHRIS :wub:

Archived