First for 09

foxshot

well had a look out last night for the first sesion of 2009,it was the blackest night i have seen for a long time you could hardly see your hand infront of you,and very quiet,the ground was soft so walking was quiet enouh,for the first 45 mins nothing at all was seen ,which is unusual as normaly a fox can be shot or seen in the first ten mins or so,we arived at this area a fair bit earlier than usual so i put it down to that as the reason for not seeing anything at first,then first fox was spoted on the edge of some cover, had to go through a gate and head over to some higher ground in order to get a shot couldnt see it so gave a call on the wam, this lifted its head and stoped it long enough to send the nosler on its way,the satisfying sound of bullet striking its intended target ,first for 2009,a nice dog fox,then it was on to the otherside of the farm ,this ground is hard going as it is fair steep,again those familiar eyes shone back,the call had no effect on it so it was time to stalk within a shootable distance,this fox was just laying down only its head and some of it's chest showing ,again the call wouldnt lift it so it was settle down get the breathing sorted (i said it was steep ground) settle the cross hairs on target then squeze of the shot No 2 in the bag,again a nice dog fox,another couple were seen but one wasnt a safe shot and the other just wouldnt settle for a shot,so that was it for that night,not a great result but a resultpicture079gl1.jpg

Guest martin

I'd say that was a good start to the year FS mate,well done,I am out tomorrow night for a look round,cos a mate is gonna drive me across to the Mendips,hopefully we will be lucky.....................martin.

Well done Foxshot nice brace of charlies them - i had my first one of 2009 last night as well. i had 3 sat in a field in front of me, shot 1 and the other 2 ran to a duck pit and never saw em again ( but i will before the end of next week).

them foxs looked in good nick before you messed them up a little :lol:

Archived