Had the lad out today with the shottie

tikka 223

Took the young un out this morning arrived at the rape field at dark set up and waited and waited then the birds started arriving at 8.40 . Had a few flocks of 30 plus birds come in then a few doubles and singles ,the lad pulled on a few birds i thought were out of his range but then proceeded to drop them well done son you put a smile on the old mans face a few time,s today

By 10 the birds had stopped coming so gave the farmer a call to tell him they where on the other rape field over the way to which he said ok i will go and put some rope bangers on the other field Stuck it out till 12 as the birds seem to move elsewhere Finished the morning with 23 not a big bag but the lad made some good shots in freezing temperatures

A few pics of the bag .

Photo-0124.jpg

Photo-0125.jpg

The lad with his other hobby now I've got him off the motocross bikes not sure whats worse as he has no sense of fear this one .

On Christmas day with his present in a local forest .

Photo-0106.jpg

Photo-0107.jpg

Photo-0096.jpg

Photo-0115.jpg

All pics of camera phone so the quality may not be there but you get the idea

Thanks for looking regards Tikka 223

Excellent Tikka! Just what the sport needs getting the youngsters out and shooting.He looks like the cat who got the cream! Warm the heart.My boys out with me tommorrow!

Excellent Tikka! Just what the sport needs getting the youngsters out and shooting.He looks like the cat who got the cream! Warm the heart.My boys out with me tommorrow!

Agreed on that :) hope the lad does well tommorrow :D

But if its not a rifle in your hand some people don't want to no on here

Agreed on that :D hope the lad does well tommorrow :D

But if its not a rifle in your hand some people don't want to no on here

Not to worry, my boy won't touch the shotgun or .243 tomorrow :) but somehow we will get game! :D

Looks like you and your lad had a good bit of sport there Tikka, love to see woodies coming into the decoys and then puff of feathers ploom out as if an engine has gone up in smoke. Some days the shotgun is the tool to be out with, beats laying up in the cold waiting for bunnies to hop out their homes.

Good shooting and all the best,

Jay.

Archived