A FEW IN THE BAG BUT BY GOD IT WAS COLD

nemasis243

Well last night had some fun having shot 6charlies but to be honest there was nothing really interesting in what happened, the shots were all within 140yrds and they were just sitting or laying by baits. :D

So tonight I had a call from a mate to go to a piece of land I did earlier in the year,as this weekend the local hunt were going to have a run through the valley. :D

We arrived at the farm ,360 acres and set off round the lanes that run through the farm , As we drove I picked up a pair of eyes and shot the first fox at 238yrds, then we moved on and caught up with another which I head shot at 264yrds :D ,

We drove down a very long lane and way off in the distance was a pair of eyes, I looked through the scope and could just make out that it was a charlie but from this position the shot was not on , we moved the truck and lined up on him he was a fair bit closer now and when I pinged him he was 334yrds ,

I settled inbehind the gun and placed the red illuminated dot on the top of his head and took first pressure on the trigger, I eased a little more and watched the fox fold in the distance,

The 58grn vmax had flown true and entered the foxes mouth and blew the back of its skull out :) .

We drove a little more and picked up one more fox which I shot at 212yrds , they were all dogs and one was a lot bigger than the rest.

The temperature on the onboard thermometer was showing -3 and I had ,had enough of freezing my nads off so we called it a night.

29122008366.jpg

29122008367.jpg

Funny but the six I shot last night were all dogs as well :D ,

Gonna have a look about tomorrow night again and see what comes out the woodwork then .

cheers Andy :D

Nemasis,

I take it that would be a -3 Celsius?

Shoulda been here by me last week.....12 inches of snow in a 24 peroid

2 days later it was -6 F without the windchill factor....

Throw a wind value on of 25 mph and it feels like a -32F or -32C to you.

Either way ya look at it....The SB factor is pretty high.

Sb bein shrunken balls...

Tits nipply out there,Breasted to keep warm.

308Panther

Now thats cold my friend, nice to have a touch of snow on the ground as you can see where charlie has been by his tracks , and they stand out a mile if their on the fields in the day time.

What part of the world are you in mate?

How many is that now Nem, you're sure knocking over a lot of foxes.

Hi John I start my count from 1st of Jan to 1st of Jan, last season I ended up on 381 foxes, :lol:

Dave and Ray come down and they must hve shot another 80-100 between them as well, had a greatd season :D , up to then the best was 338 , but each year its usually around the 280+

Its all about time and patience and a little bit of skill. ;)

Archived