Too late !!!

auquhollie

Well dragged Bruxie out last night to see what charlie was on the prowl. We dropped into a local sheep farm and within seconds we spotted our first charlie. Actually it was two of them. They had four young lambs cornered in the field and was baying them in the corner. I positioned the landy and put Ian's window facing them. A couple of squeaks had there attention and one was sneaking down the beck edge. He was shot at 100 yards and i looked around for the second. She was tailing him and decided against the final approach after the shot. She stopped at 234 yards and she was also taken down.

DSC01023.jpg

Chuffed to bits we headed further up the hill only to see another fox running around in the grass park. Not stopping i told Ian just to take a shot. He missed and the fox headed out into a big rush bed. With that i noticed another charlie out in the distance. I started to call it in when out of the corner of my eye i spotted the fox Ian had missed stood latterly 15 foot away from the landy. Needless to say he lost the fight with the v-max :) .

DSC01021.jpg

We ended the night with two more foxs that had just tucked into one of the farmers young lambs. When we got there they had just taken the throat out of the lamb and it was rolling about in pain :) . Mr v max sorted them both out though and we done the right thing with the lamb. The blood on the fox was from the lambs throat not from the shot.

DSC01027.jpg

Ads... ;)

cheers ads

another great nite out after charlie good to see them coming in to the call even when they are paired up

but have to say the remmy 22-250 and the 55grn v max is the ultimate foxing tool

:)

it was strange last night as soon as we got to the farm there was a stange felling about about the place

and we could smell fox all night every where ever went about the place even with a stiff breeze stange <_

all the best bruxie

Well dragged Bruxie out last night to see what charlie was on the prowl. We dropped into a local sheep farm and within seconds we spotted our first charlie. Actually it was two of them. They had four young lambs cornered in the field and was baying them in the corner. I positioned the landy and put Ian's window facing them. A couple of squeaks had there attention and one was sneaking down the beck edge. He was shot at 100 yards and i looked around for the second. She was tailing him and decided against the final approach after the shot. She stopped at 234 yards and she was also taken down.

DSC01023.jpg

Chuffed to bits we headed further up the hill only to see another fox running around in the grass park. Not stopping i told Ian just to take a shot. He missed and the fox headed out into a big rush bed. With that i noticed another charlie out in the distance. I started to call it in when out of the corner of my eye i spotted the fox Ian had missed stood latterly 15 foot away from the landy. Needless to say he lost the fight with the v-max :) .

DSC01021.jpg

We ended the night with two more foxs that had just tucked into one of the farmers young lambs. When we got there they had just taken the throat out of the lamb and it was rolling about in pain :D . Mr v max sorted them both out though and we done the right thing with the lamb. The blood on the fox was from the lambs throat not from the shot.

DSC01027.jpg

Ads... :D

how long was the lamb dead as its well bloated for this time of the year .

how long was the lamb dead as its well bloated for this time of the year .

The lamb was shot about 30 seconds before the pic was taken. When we got there the charlie moved away from the lamb and Ian shot them first.

I think the stomach is bloated as the lamb had its throat ripped out so it would have been internal bleeding ect :)

Ads

Nice one lads at least thesetwo wont be doing any more damage, a similar thing happend at one of my farms 2nights ago but they took a uwe that had been tangled in brambles, the farmer rang me the next day ,I had a look at her yesterday so tonight I am having a look as they have opened her up and started feeding.

Its a sign of cold weather and they are getting hungry, so my baits are starting to come into their own. :)

Well there's a few foxes pictured there that won't be grabbing at any more throats, so it's a job well done in this farmers book. Callmasters vixen cry is working very very well lately, had a lad out shooting the last night, he missed two (bad rest) but they still stuck around.

Archived