Rifle Hard Case

OK guys, I need recommendations for a rifle hard case that will stand up to the rigours of air travel & especially baggage handlers. :blush:

I am looking to buy the aluminium type not a ABS Dosko type one.

Chris

There is only one - Peli

Get a Peli if you dont mind getting your finger snapped when opening once in a while

Get a storm if you do mind..

Dont buy from the usual firearm suppliers but special order from photographic suppliers they are usually cheaper they never carry our sizes but since their main line are smaller ones they don't charge the same margin.

Dont get a olive drab green like what I did.

When going through certain countries in recent years they get special attention from customs eventhough it is obvious that I am carrying firerarms.

I changed to a black one and tend to get detained or questioned less - don't ask me why just generally less hassle - They tend to make a connection with the military especially in Africa and South America - those are the trips one really don't want any attention if you can help it - I hope you know what I mean....................................Again a break down rifle with a shorter case you can bluff at road side check points and state they are photographic tripod equipment ! But if you have a live grab green it will cost you a few dollars in bribe before you are away - legitimacy have no place in those countries

Sold my olive green one on ebay

I have a peli and its very good but as london hunter says its a real finger eater, I also have an skb case which I honestly do prefer, all the latches already have airline approved locks , proper steel lathces and hinges. Not sure if SKB have a distributor at the minute, I got mine in the states.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally decided on the 1750 Peli case from http://www.waterproof-cases.co.uk/ great service, delivered on the day they said It would be plus I got up-graded locks at no extra cost as the standard ones I ordered were out of stock.

The case is huge & very well made, I cannot see it being damaged in any way by the airlines plus its got a lifetime guarantee. I love this clause though........................

"This guarantee does not cover shark bite, bear attack or damage caused by children under five." :rolleyes:

All I have to do now is cut the foam to fit the rifle. :blush:

Chris

Archived