Boxing Day

dogfox

Been feeling rough since christmas day ( man flu). But I am out to do some test loads for the 22Br and then off to follow the beagles for a couple of hours. Anybody else out with a pack today.

Let us know how you got on.

Have a great day out with hounds and gun and F%$k the antis.

Dogfox

Just got back in from my annual boxing day shoot with the lads - Cracking day, sun was out, nice blue sky and I managed to shoot 3 Pheasants, 3 Pigeons,2 Snipe and a woodcock out of a total bag of 36 - it was only a small day with a few mates, but a hell of a lot of fun and it beat some of the bigger driven days i have shot this year.

Hope everybody else has had a cracking day too.

Glad you had a great day and it sounds like it was alot of fun.

I have just got back after a wonderful day. Checked my test loads for the 22Br and 31 grains of varget on a 55 grain Vmax is shooting half inch at a 100 yards. So I am happy with that and I will try for a fox tomorrow.

Then this afternoonI meet up with the local beagle pack and had some great hunting. The scent was good and the hounds were flying. It was great to see the hounds working.

I have now about to load some 22br for tomorrow.

Dogfox

Just printing out my new drop charts for the new 308 right now, getting ready for lamping tonite. Just had a quiet day, ironically however been making alot of noise with the 308 haha finishing off the load development, 168gr A-max shooting an avaerage .3 inch at 100 yard :lol:

Tried a 5 shot group aswell at 300 yards wich came in at just under an inch which i was well chuffed about, considereing it was in a gusting wind!

So hopefully i will have a write up you for you guys on the vermin forum for tomorrow!!

Wana try and get me a long one tonite, got about 1500 acres to look over, donno if i'll get it all done tonite but we'll surly see somthing!!!

Been out with the lad today only shot 6 pigeons and a woodcock :D

But put about 2 thousand of a rape field so some good times ahead of me :(

Ps, the 6 pigeons where shot in 15 mins on the edge of the rape field with no deeks out :lol: happy days ahead i think :o

Been out with the lad today only shot 6 pigeons and a woodcock :D

But put about 2 thousand of a rape field so some good times ahead of me :(

Ps, the 6 pigeons where shot in 15 mins on the edge of the rape field with no deeks out :lol: happy days ahead i think :o

Wish i had that many woodys to go at!!

6 is a good day from me haha!!

Guest Custard
Anybody else out with a pack today.

Let us know how you got on.

Have a great day out with hounds and gun and F%$k the antis.

We were all out with one of the local packs. Stayed out until about 1-30pm. Great to watch the hounds working and the huntsman and whippers in. Greatest form of hunting there is. imo.

Large number of people out at the meet, and as usual a pretty big field out too. I didn't envy the Masters doing their job.

Archived