SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA

nemasis243

Well after 4days of feeling very sorry for myself and not getting out of bed because of the flu :D , I was laying in bed this morning about 4 o'clock ,wide awake and felt I just had to get out for a little fresh air B) .

Got dreesed and went up the garden for a few minutes , I felt wonderfull (I thought) and then had the brilliant idea of going for a quick shot .

Got the gun and everything else was in the car ready to go.

So it was 3miles down the road to the Turkey farm ,drove into the yard got a mule ready and set the lamp up on top of the scope and also had another hand lamp to scan with.

through the first gate where there a load of bales and a few sheds to the right , 2 foxes mooching about in the grass, flicked the lamp off and got set up with the rifle , put the lamp on and shot a charlie 140yrds away ,the other one had vanished :D

26032008098.jpg

I was feeling great until I walked over to pick the fox up as I couldnt drive into the paddock for the fencing, then it hit me ,I started getting very light headed , the whole world was spinning :o ,

I know some people spend big money to get in this state,

I knelt down for a couple of minutes and got myself together and got the the fox and picked it up , for some reason the fox seemed very heavy and I was struggling to carry it,so I plonked it down ,took a photo and left it there.

I got back to the mule and I was on fire and the sweat was pouring out of me,

I decide then and there that this was the end of the shooting for the outing ,but had the bright idea of just having a look round to see what was about,

I only covered one half of the farm that I could do without opening any gates and saw 11 foxes not including the one I had shot.

After half an hour I got back to the yard and then on my way home, got in the house and had another dizzy spell, got myself to bed and have just woke up.

(Glad I went "YES") would I do it again "NO" would be an idiot if I did :excl: .

But I must say it was nice to get out ,just hope I aint gonna pay too much of a price ,health wise :blush:

Guest varmartin

Good result Andy...but you gotta think of your own health first :o ....then take on the vermin.....

Last thing you want to do is stick the muzzle in the mud to prop your self up with....Get well soon......11 waiting for ya. !!

Hi Andy ,

As you found out mate the mind may be willing but the body has other ideas when healing!!!!

You just get yourself well mate before venturing out again!!

I think we all know well what it is like when we are ill , you always want to get out in the countryside for some fresh air!!!

Mend well Captin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;);)

All the best................

RAY........................... ;):D

We'll all overstretch at one time or another, can't say I'd blame you for wanting out of the house. Cabin fever isn't all that much fun. Funny how ya seen so many foxes that night and weren't able to knock some more off, I bet if you were at full strength half of them wouldn't have shown at all! Take it easy for a while, no point in getting sick(er) over a few foxes.

We'll all overstretch at one time or another, can't say I'd blame you for wanting out of the house. Cabin fever isn't all that much fun. Funny how ya seen so many foxes that night and weren't able to knock some more off, I bet if you were at full strength half of them wouldn't have shown at all! Take it easy for a while, no point in getting sick(er) over a few foxes.

For me to put the gun away John and not to shoot , says it all. ;)

If I had wanted to could have took another 4 with ease but just didnt feel like it ;) .

Hope I get back on top form soon ,got loads to do ;)

Come on Andy,don't kill yerself mate,them charlies will still be there in a few days.I went out today after having a chest infection for best part of a fortnight,but,mine is(hopefully)nearly over now,get well soon mate.............Speak soon.....martin.

Archived