Been a while

foxshot

well the weather here has been a bit crap lately,so havnt been out for a while,plus the 4x was off the road for a couple of week,anyhow last weekend the rain finaly stoped(weekends being the only time i can get out)managed to get hold of one farm to confirm it was ok to go on his ground,this is an area i have had a few fox's on and posted on here,finaly arived at about midnight which is a little late for this particular bit of ground,after calling for about half an hour nothing was seen other than two roe deer,i thought it was giong to be a blank.the last thing i wanted,the next field has quite a few hills in it then there no more than thirty yards a fox came over the rise,dont know who was more startled,off it went like a greyhound over the top of a wall and into cover,no chance of a shot,then another was ratching a little further away but no clear shot could be taken,then he broke cover and made its way over the brow of a hill,a call stoped him long enough to take a shot,atleast i wasnt going to blank,on retreiving the fox it was a fine looking dog, ,then the weather turned bad bloody fog came roling over the tops and that was the end of the nights lamping,short but sweet

20030107image0008pq6.jpg

Hi Foxshot, glad to see you out and about.

The weather has not been helpful at all :) so its great when you manage to get out.

A good result in the end, which makes the trip worth while.

As John said, a good bumper sticker :rolleyes: and perhaps never a truer word spoken.

Cheers

Dave

Archived