The Welsh strike again

dogfox

Hi

Me and my mates manage to get out on saturday night for a spot of local lamping.

The first farm we tried was bare but as we drove to the next farm. There was a fox lying at the bottom of the hedge. We squeaked but the fox would only move to show his head. So my old mate said to squeak and he would take the shot as he looked at us. So I squeaked and he shot and missed :lol: .

The next farm there was a fox at the far end of the field but as we drove down the track towards the fox there was another fox in the field to the left which was about 90 yards out. My old mate did not make a mistake this time and rolled the fox down.

we then drove down to the bottom field where we saw the first fox and he had ran to the next field. So we gave hime a squeak and he statred to run towards us and my old mate had that one aswell. As this was coming in there was another fox following this one in aswell but he was a bit jumpy and would not give us a safe shot. We the drove back towards the field where the first fox was and there was another fox back in this field. Which he manage to shoot.

We then swapped over and it was my turn to shoot. we drove down the road a bit and then on to some fields belonging to the same farm and there was two foxes out on the field. I manage to shoot the one but the other fox did not want to know and ran off.

We then drove to a next farm where I shot one fox out in the field about 120 yards away. This was the only fox we saw so it was onto the next farm. I saw two foxes in the same field but only shot one. It was time to swap over again and get my mate away from the heater in the cab and let my man on the lamp have a warm in the cab of the truck. We then drove through the centre of the farm where we saw another three foxes but they would not come in and where very jumpy. As we were lamping I looked behind us and I could see somebody lamping off the side of the road onto ground which we were lamping. No wonder the foxes are jumpy on this farm. They was poaching.

We then carried on lamping on the rest of the farms and manged to shoot fourteen foxes allnight. We manage to miss two and saw about 21 all together. We will try and get out now before christmas or over the christmas period on this area we covered.

We shot on twelve farms that night which would cover an area of about 3000 plus acres. They are spread out in a long line and there are farms in between which I do not have permisson to shoot on. It was a cold night but we had our bib & brace bubba outfits on and we was nice and warm.

Sorry we took no photos. But there was so many foxes in pairs I did not pick up the foxes as I was hoping that the foxes that were with them might come back to have a look for the missing partner :lol: .

Dogfox

Glad to see your having fun there mate :lol: , theres a few about at the moment down this way as well, be glad when the ground dries up and I can start driving round and doing some of my hotspots that I havent touched yet :lol:

Well done there lads!!!! :lol:

Sounds like you had a cracking night!!!!

All the best.................

RAY........................... :lol: :lol:

Archived