Sennybridge shoots cancelled>>>>>

Guest Tiff

I've been saving up for the last month for a shoot in the new year at Sennybridge.....but have just read the FCSA web page. Extract below taken from the FCSA website:

A meeting will be held sometime in January 2009 between FCSA officials, the Army commander of the DTE Wales and West Midlands, an Army Range Officer and possibly range staff to discuss the continued use of some of the Sennybridge ranges by the club. Until this meeting has taken place the bookings marked with a star * above have regrettably been cancelled. This does not affect bookings at other training areas (such as Warcop and Lydd, booking details to be published soon). The FCSA intends to work very closely with the relevant range management personnel to ensure the long term availability of these important ranges to the club. The outcome of this meeting will be emailed to all members without delay. In the mean time, we offer our apologies to all those members who had made arrangements to attend the January and February competitions. Rest assured that the club will be doing everything that it can to secure future bookings at Sennybridge, and will continue to build a healthy and trusting relationship between the club, the MOD and Landmarc.

So are any other clubs having issues with access to these ranges? I know brecon rifle club use them, but don't allow .338 or .50's to be used! Any ideas?

On the up side I believe the FCSA has secured Sailsbury Plain/Lulworth Cove to shoot on in the new year.

(not that keen on getting a .50 or similar and then not being able to shoot it....the .338's bad enough)

Archived