centrefire firearms request

wabbiter

I would ask for a moderator at the same time. You don't have to buy one but you would have an empty slot which is money in the bank as it will cost you £26 later if you decide to have one. If you don't you can use the slot for a free one to one.

I would ask for a moderator at the same time. You don't have to buy one but you would have an empty slot which is money in the bank as it will cost you £26 later if you decide to have one. If you don't you can use the slot for a free one to one.

thanks Eldon have got that down. my list so far is 243 bolt action rifle,243 moderator,expanding amunition, 300 to buy keep 400(this is just a hope, but i will try and justify with reloading for 55gr and 105gr) , deer and vermin. cheers

Assuming you have somewhere to use it that has deer on the ground or can proove you are buying stalking by the day (say a couple of booking receipts or invoices) then you will get a 243 no problem.

You have not said what types of deer you are after, I assume Roe/Munties, if Fallow/Sika/Red you might want to think of a heavier caliber.

You will be questioned on the volume of ammo, if you reload this is easy as you need 300/400 to buy sufficient heads which you then weigh and measure lengthwise into batches for optimum accuracy. If you dont reload you might have a problem, 400 is a lot of loaded rounds for a first application.

FYI I only keep between 20 and 80 loaded.

A

I can't see why you shouldn't have a .243 as long as you can prove the need to shoot Deer. As mentioned above 400 rounds is pretty high to start with, but reloading is a great excuse. It certainly worked for me ;)

I also only keep around 50 rounds loaded at any one time. If you tell them that's your plan they will see you as a responsible and security conscious guy, and hopefully give you whatever number you ask for because heads are no danger to anyone without powder behind them!

I can't see why you shouldn't have a .243 as long as you can prove the need to shoot Deer. As mentioned above 400 rounds is pretty high to start with, but reloading is a great excuse. It certainly worked for me :wacko:

I also only keep around 50 rounds loaded at any one time. If you tell them that's your plan they will see you as a responsible and security conscious guy, and hopefully give you whatever number you ask for because heads are no danger to anyone without powder behind them!

Thanks both for your replies these are exactly the type of info that i`m after, should help me put forward a good arguement. I got my rimfires on open ticket after a year by putting in for a 17hmr for stoney ground and that i was losing shooting because farmers didn`t want to be bothered by police assessing their land. Cheers

Archived