Hi All,

Finally got off my backside to get an eyetest and order some new shooting geps.

Ordered these:

http://www.esseyepro.com/Flyby-%28Rx-Ready...124_detail.html

With transitions lenses in my prescription. £150 delivered to the UK, + duty and VAT if that's applicable to prescription eyewear?

My prescription now for my right eye is only +1 dioptre but believe me having your eyes work at correcting this for any length of time leaves them strained and in a short time you go from being able to resolve bullet holes to no detail at all in 4-5 seconds.

You may not even notice you need geps to shoot. I got my eyes tested on the advice of Leupold when I complained about the clarity of the scope I had bought and the grouping. They were right. Vision was only out by .25 dioptres but I had quite an astigmatism at the time causing abberations and allsorts. With the new geps it was crystal clear and groups shrank!

So if your groups are opening up and no amount of bore cleaning, trigger fetling and range time will fix it, get an eye test.

Cheers

Clive

I suffer mainly at night with the reticule going out of focus, you adjust it yet 20 minutes later you look through the scope again and it needs adjusting back to where it was. Same thing happens with all my scopes so I know its me not them. I need glasses for reading as do a lot of older people (I am 55) and I am finding that I am wearing them more and more. Should I now wear these to shoot a rifle in ?.

I have got to the point where I dont shoot that much at night these days.

A

Archived