IN GOOD CONDITION

nemasis243

Last night we only had a small window between showers to try and get out, we set off and the rain was just easing off, I had been a lovely day but by tea time there was a big change.

We arrived at our destination and the wind was blowing big style, we set up and started walking , we covered a few fields and got to a spot where always seems to be a good place for a call, after about 5minutes a pair of eyes appeared in the distance .

The fox was about 300yrds away and moving in slow towards us, he was comming though rough grass and it was a case of now you see me now you dont.

Then suddenly from about 15ft to our left a fox appeared out of a very small gully ,I stopped calling and the fox moved directly in down wind of us and just walkied towards the light :lol:

I barked and it didnt stop it just kept comming,when it got to about 8feet away it sat down and just looked straight at the beem , my mate and my self couldnt believe what we were seeing , this fox was directley in our scent path but wasnt worried at all.

It was a case of point and shoot as there was no point looking through the fixed 8 power scope, plop .

03122008333.jpg

It just flopped where it sat, I moved the lamp out to the other fox who was still in the area ,

I decided to change fireing positions as sometimes if you call from another area the fox will respond differently, so we walked a few hundred yrds round in a big U shape and put the light back on .

The fox was still there so I started calling , this time it was very different, using the same call ,as soon as I made a noise he started comming , like a greyhound, infront of us ,about 80yrds was a small old hedge about 2ft high , he cleared that like a race horse , I shouted at him very loud and it must have took him 10yrds to put the breaks on .

As he stopped the trigger went back and that was that ,

03122008332.jpg

They were both big do foxes in mint condition , I been finding that there a lot more dogs around now on the look out for a vixon to pair up with so the next vixon is going to be put to good use.

After its shot we will open here up and remove the urine sack and cut the tail off.(dont forget your rubber gloves)

The urine will be dripped over the tail and the tail will be tied up ,by some string,about 5ft above the ground ,from a branch and left to swing in the air ,

You can pick your place to hang it from so you can always get a good shooting position when approaching the position.

It dosent take a dog fox long to come to the scent, if you do this at the beginning of the night ,if you call back to it later there is usually something lurking close by.

Thats a cracker full respect to that fox for having the balls to come that close, my mate and me were lamping in ireland down around west cork one night and i was calling a fox similar to that where upon my mate started to crap himself because he thought the fox was coming in the car with him. :lol: And two other friends from cork were out lamping one night and they thought there luck had ran out. They were in a field with the lamp calling for about five minuets and they could see nothing in front of them so they decided to bugger off but just as they went to leave one of them turn around and put the lamp on behind them and to there surprise there was five foxes sitting behind them . Well to say they crapped themselves was an understatement because it frightened the pair of them that much they both took off running like hell for home because they thought they were going to be the foxes next meal. And i tell you when they told me the story i couldn't see for laughing and my ribs were killing next day.

Nice going Andy , and i understand the captain is in your area this week so i hope you guys have a great time.

CHEERS

CHRIS :D

Good write up Andy,I was out fishing one summer night,and a fox came and stole some mackerel from our bait box,and my mate said that if he had his camera ready he would of took a pic.So,I said get your camera and I will call it back,well he laughed,and,I said no,go on get the camera,and,I called it back and he took a load of pics right in front of us.He was absolutely gobsmacked that it came so close.............martin.

Archived